PDA

View Full Version : REI Igneo Bag

CornerCreek27
12-18-2011, 21:21
hey yall, I went to REI today in NYC wanting to take advantage of the %30 off any REI branded gear, Im looking for a single sleeping bag to get me good for my 2012 thru.

So, The REI Igneo: 20 deg down with 800 fill, only 1lb 15oz and would be about 200 bones with the discount.

Ive looked all over the internet and have not found ANY reviews about this bag. The guys at REI couldn't tell me anything constructive about the bag.

Has anyone seen/heard anything or actually used this bag??

I think this might be it, any info would be appreciated

And check out the REI offer: 30% off any REI-brand gear bought before 12/24/2011. This can be bought online or in store!

Thanks!

bamboo bob
12-18-2011, 21:28
I had an REI 20 degree bag. In maybe 2003 or so. It was ok but the down drifted around and eventually it became a 49 degree bag. So make sure the baffles or whatever the compartments are called dont allow the down to drift around. I eventualy, in the middle of a PCT thruhike got a Montbell bag. I still use it.

Wise Old Owl
12-18-2011, 21:50
Tis the season and BRAND NEW... Enjoy be thee first to review.

Kerosene
12-19-2011, 10:14
Join the REI Co-op and you'll be able to return the bag for any reason for credit should it not work out for you.

Jim Adams
12-19-2011, 10:37
I have 1 REI bag...a 40* down and love it. there is no downside to your problem...just buy it and if it doesn't hold up, return it.

geek

garlic08
12-19-2011, 12:49
Thanks for the heads-up on this deal. I looked closely at the bag, and I think I'll pass because it has side baffles. The description says 60% of the down is on top. I prefer bags that don't have side baffles and allow me to distribute the down in the field for the conditions. On an extremely cold night, I'll shift most of the down to the top and carefully keep the bag upright, sleeping on my back. On a warm summer night, I'll shift most of it to the bottom (or use the bag upside down if it's fluke weather). It's one more thing to be aware of and takes a few minutes, but it does offer flexibility.

Otherwise, it looks like a pretty excellent bag for the price. If you're not the type to mess around shifting down, I don't see how you can go wrong.

Feral Bill
12-19-2011, 13:56
Join the REI Co-op and you'll be able to return the bag for any reason for credit should it not work out for you. Luckily, anyone can return purches to REI for cash. Being a member saves you keeping track of the receipt, among other advantages.

CornerCreek27
12-19-2011, 20:07
thanks for the advice guys, Further looking has told me that this bag is new for 2012 (why nobody knew about it at the store).

I suppose that i will buy it, see how it looks; and if need be, return it if i dont like it.

Watch for upcoming review of the 2012 REI Igneo!