PDA

View Full Version : Granite Gear Vapor Trail Backpack & Compression Sack Sizing

MtnBikerGuy
12-19-2011, 17:18
This is two things really. One is a question and one is to let everyone know about a good deal.

I was looking for a Granite Gear compression sack for my sleeping bag and not sure what size I will need. Any suggestions? (Most frequently use a 15+ down bag) I was hoping their web site would give suggestions but it did not.

Also, while I was there, I saw they have the Granite Gear Vapor Trail backpack in their clearance section. Men's regular size is discounted to $149.95 with an additional 20% off through the rest of the year = $120 + free shipping. If my wife didn't kill me for buying another pack, I would be picking it up myself. Hope someone benefits with this deal.

q-tip
12-19-2011, 18:10
If you can hold out--Granite Gear is introducing the Crown 60 in March--fully featured (for me) 2 lbs 2 oz. $200. I am replacing my GG Vapor Trail used in over 1,000 mi.

nitewalker
12-19-2011, 18:38
i have been using the same vapor trail for 8 yrs now and the thing is still in great shape. i have the original gold one. christmas of 09 i purchased the ugly blue one for a similar price. it still sits unused with all the tags still on it. the vapor tril is a real good pack. the only drawback is it has only one way in. i will have to check out that crown 60 when it comes out. i recently started using a golite jam and i am really impressed with it. it has way more versatility than the vapor trail. the big difference with the jam is its suspension is not what the vapor trail has. the jam really needs to be packed properly to maximize its stability.the shoulder straps are kinda thin. the hipbelt pouches are great for different things. i need to use the jam more before my final verdict is in.

Chaco Taco
12-22-2011, 13:33
If you can hold out--Granite Gear is introducing the Crown 60 in March--fully featured (for me) 2 lbs 2 oz. $200. I am replacing my GG Vapor Trail used in over 1,000 mi.

I bought one a couple of years ago after going thru a few packs and am soooooo happy with mine. It fits me perfect and is the most comfortable pack I have ever carried. Thruhiking the LT this summer with it and am stoked!