PDA

View Full Version : transportation from damascus to springer?

hikerboy57
12-20-2011, 14:57
Ive changed my plans next year,originally i was going to section from springer to DWG, but Im now just doing a month to hike from springer to damascus. I was considering driving to damascus, leaving my car there and finding transport down to springer, walk back. anyone know any easy ways from damascus to springer?

Lone Wolf
12-20-2011, 17:26
Ive changed my plans next year,originally i was going to section from springer to DWG, but Im now just doing a month to hike from springer to damascus. I was considering driving to damascus, leaving my car there and finding transport down to springer, walk back. anyone know any easy ways from damascus to springer?when do you want to go?

hikerboy57
12-20-2011, 17:32
would probably get to damascus 1st week of april. i turn 55 april10, would like to be at springer 4/10.

generoll
12-20-2011, 19:49
no inexpensive ways that I know off. Probably an all day shuttle.

Alligator
12-21-2011, 01:08
You could ride the Greyhound bus from Bristol, TN or perhaps Marion, VA to Cleveland, TN then on to Springer. It would still be a pretty far shuttle from Cleveland, TN at almost 80 miles. Plus I am not sure of any shuttlers over that way in TN.

A second option is to use Greyhound to get to Knoxville and then megabus to go from Knoxville to Atlanta. Then use one of the Atlanta shuttlers. This seems a little longer. You'd have to schedule it out to see if it works.

Lone Wolf
12-21-2011, 10:26
would probably get to damascus 1st week of april. i turn 55 april10, would like to be at springer 4/10.i'm looking at driving down there from damascus around april 2nd

hikerboy57
12-22-2011, 08:07
i'm looking at driving down there from damascus around april 2ndthat might work, I just have to confirm my leave date with my boss here at work.i'll know right after new years.thanks, I'll let you know.