PDA

View Full Version : The Last of 2011 thru hikers...

The Cleaner
12-20-2011, 18:55
Just got back today from another 2 night 3 day maintenance trip.At Jerry's Cabin at about 8pm,Lt. Dan showed up after pulling a 20mile hike from just north of Sam's Gap.He told me that he knew of 3 thru hikers behind him.Today I met Re-Boot who said he thought he would be the last to finish(SOBO) this year.As of the last few days he was doing at least 20-25 miles per day.His goal was to finish before Jan.1.To do this he was ready to try for a few 30 mile days in order finish this year and claim the title "The last of the 2011 thru-hikers".At about 2pm I met a couple who started NOBO from Rockfish Gap,then flip-flopped starting SOBO.They were taking time off for X-mas and they will be the last ones to finish sometime in Jan.

RWheeler
12-27-2011, 06:52
Then the 2012 thrus will start to trickle on not long after! Dynamic. Ebb and flow. Or something like that.

Chaco Taco
12-27-2011, 14:28
Powder River posted recently on FB that his fiancé Marie just finished not too long ago. We met her at Glencliff during Phat Chapp's birthday celebration

Chaco Taco
12-27-2011, 14:32
Then the 2012 thrus will start to trickle on not long after! Dynamic. Ebb and flow. Or something like that.
The stories from some of the SOBO's are pretty incredible with Irene. Kind of reminds me of some of the stories of the late Feb early March snowstorms in the Smokies during the spring of 2010. The stuff that went down on the Long Trail this year was pretty crazy.