PDA

View Full Version : From a Golite Pinnacle to a OHM 2.0

Bags4266
12-22-2011, 10:10
Looking for a change, I have nothing bad to say about the Pinnacle but I was wondering if I would see any major changes good or bad in switching over to the new OHM 2.0.
I know the OHM 2.0 is rather new on the market and to find someone that has experience in both these packs might be hard but no venture no gain. BTW my base for long sections is 12-15 lbs. However I tend to supply 10lbs of for food when I resupply. Thanks

skinewmexico
12-22-2011, 11:36
Well.....the Ohm has a frame, and is substantially smaller. I think the Ohm would carry better, but it is the only ULA pack I don't own. My Pinnacle is really easy to overload, due to it's enormous size.

tuswm
12-24-2011, 02:34
love my ohm 1 great and does ok up to 30 lbs. have not even tried it with more then that. The volume is fine for 3 season hiking. i usually have a 20^ down sleeping bag, TT DR, GSI doualist and down coat or fleece flus other stuff and inflatable sleeping pad in my pack. there is also plenty of places to put stuff on the outside if volume is a problem. there are only minor differences between the one and two. but its a hot pack.