PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Work in Trail-town with room/stypend

lonewolftrekker
12-22-2011, 19:00
Hello I am a Class of 2010 Disabled Hiker "SW", I am looking for work in a Outfitter/Shuttling/Hostel. Preferably with Room/Stypends... if possible off the books. I have recently been a victim of Fraud. and lets face it it is incredibly difficult to function in a standard Yankee Community. I am looking to relocate.

any help is greatly Appreciated.

"S.W"
:D

Wise Old Owl
12-22-2011, 19:32
Adam - that is a tall order, and I am not a Yank so I will try to identify some solution to your stuff.. I would like to try and find an answer to the post. lets work on some more information - what can you tell me about your mobility and physical things and other issues that might be working against you that might limit you in finding what you want?

Now describe what you are good at and what you have done before.

Spokes
12-23-2011, 07:40
"Exhibit A"

Creek Dancer
12-23-2011, 07:46
You are a victim of fraud, but it's okay to commit fraud and work off the books??

rocketsocks
12-23-2011, 08:35
And he's got the dancing banana to boot,right on man......that's rich

Lone Wolf
12-23-2011, 09:30
Hello I am a Class of 2010 Disabled Hiker "SW", I am looking for work in a Outfitter/Shuttling/Hostel. Preferably with Room/Stypends... if possible off the books. I have recently been a victim of Fraud. and lets face it it is incredibly difficult to function in a standard Yankee Community. I am looking to relocate.

any help is greatly Appreciated.

"S.W"
:Dwhat kind of "Fraud" and what the frig is a "standard Yankee Community"?

Hoofit
12-23-2011, 09:38
HI THERE 'STUMBLE'
Hiked with you in 2010
How you doing?

WingedMonkey
12-23-2011, 10:44
Stumble, I was going to link some of your YouTube vids so some others might have a better understanding of who you are but it seems you have closed them out. I think they were a good look into your life and perhaps something you might want to share with other trail freaks.

Hooch
12-23-2011, 10:53
"Exhibit A"Yup. :rolleyes:

what kind of "Fraud" and what the frig is a "standard Yankee Community"?I was wondering the same thing. I'll be interested to hear the expaination on this one. . . .

Slo-go'en
12-23-2011, 11:43
Having lived in Lowell for 15 years, which is right next to Chelmsford, I'm not sure I'd call either a standard Yankee community. It's an expensive area to live in though and traffic is a nightmare. If I never drive through Chemsford center again, I'd die happy. One of the many reasons I moved north, I can understand why the OP wants to get out of there.

Good luck finding work via this forum. It might be more productive to contact prospective employers directly and hope they didn't see your post.

lonewolftrekker
12-23-2011, 17:11
Adam - that is a tall order, and I am not a Yank so I will try to identify some solution to your stuff.. I would like to try and find an answer to the post. lets work on some more information - what can you tell me about your mobility and physical things and other issues that might be working against you that might limit you in finding what you want?

Now describe what you are good at and what you have done before.

Well I have a Left side deficit double compound fracture on left side makes lifting and swinginging tools difficult.... brain injury recovery. balance issues.. but heck I can sell the ****e out of gear. Yank means fast pace- hightrafic slavedriving politically motivatedlacking support for someone in my position as my brain injury is not frontal lobe I am Spiritually and mentally intense for lack of a better term.

what kind of "Fraud" and what the frig is a "standard Yankee Community"?

Fraud- Social Security/ Identity Fraud.

Hoofit

HI THERE 'STUMBLE'
Hiked with you in 2010
How you doing?

Hoofit I have never forgotten you your one of the special hikers to me man... sorry we lost contact... nothing personal...There are bad people threatening my well being here because of my mind expressing online, and my rejection of their social circles. I feel constantly under threat, all because they know I am disabled and collect then hiked the trail so I could have my first fulfilling life expierence. too much stress with the threatening phonecalls... unfortunately I am nervous to leave my house. Society is beginning to scare the crap out of me.

Creek Dancer

You are a victim of fraud, but it's okay to commit fraud and work off the books??

No, I am not saying that I am saying I wish to work for cash. I dont feel safe in my home... with all the things happening. I dont connect with my community and I try.

Slo-go'en

Having lived in Lowell for 15 years, which is right next to Chelmsford, I'm not sure I'd call either a standard Yankee community. It's an expensive area to live in though and traffic is a nightmare. If I never drive through Chemsford center again, I'd die happy. One of the many reasons I moved north, I can understand why the OP wants to get out of there.

Good luck finding work via this forum. It might be more productive to contact prospective employers directly and hope they didn't see your post.

Thank you. and I know you are aware of What I am trying to say... Chelmsford is very expensive and lowell is very nerveracking. I am just looking to live happily not in fear of whos coming after me. I keep to myself for most part and well I am very lonely... Christian community here doesnt accept me for open mind hippies dont accept me here because I dont participate in occupy crap, atheist no longer accept me for my spiritual thought. people in lowell watch too much fox news and fear everything. and another community "Underground" that I used to belong too 5 years ago wants to see me dead because I want nothing to do with them and thers a border war between NH-MA as you know Societies fear the outsider perspective that dont participate in consumerisism and social Drama. I have truly been seperating from the mainstream, employers dont give a fair chance when they see some of my disfigurements but people of the South know me well. I became somebody here socially before I hiked the trail, but it was the wrong social crowd. my biggest issue is that crowd is very Vindictive and people who are my friends cant stop telling who i should be vs who i am.

Hoofit
12-24-2011, 10:03
It has to be good to try and clarify your thoughts and feelings
Sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time
All the best to you
E-mail me anytime Adam, it takes a while but I normally respond
I'll be back to do the northern half of the AT , starting in April when the spring is back in the mountains
Good luck with your travels

Wise Old Owl
12-24-2011, 13:09
Ok you can sell - you might even be able to have a wonderful conversation with other hikers.... Most here have an anti sales sentiment going on in their subconscious. I say that with the memory of posts directed to "Ye old Backpacker" in Port Clinton back in 2008 and folks were more than a little mean about the outfitter. I went looking for the thread - but it looks like it was locked & moved. Keep in mind, that folks that hike the trail - run for the box stores first - where no help is provided, then try REI's and EMS where a lot of help is provided and pick up stuff long before they walk into an outfitter... and the reality is - by then most hikers hang on to the stuff way to long. Bottom line-small outfitter's in trail towns generally in the last four years are starving financially.

My experience of trail towns is a little dismal, folks out of work, cannot find work wish they were closer to something but don't have the money to move. Mom and Pop hiker shops have little ability to do payroll - Hostels float on the hikers doing some of the mundane things to clean up after themselves...

If you move - you would need to reset your state government services if you are receiving any compensation. These services are not in the trail towns but in medium size towns near the trail Luray, Waynesboro, Glassgow, and Roanoke for example. Finding work might be a little easier.

Check Craigs list and use the towns that interest you type in the town and click on jobs.

Grampie
12-24-2011, 13:23
Affter reading your post about all the social problems you think, or may, have I would find it hard to employ you. If you think you are praying on the sympathy of folks to feal sorry for you, you stepped out with the wrong foot, my man.
My advise would be to start anew. Leave out all the liberal crap. Use you trail experience as your selling point. Pick hostels, shuttle services and outfitters and contact them on a indivigual basics. Good luck my friend and happy trails.

Wise Old Owl
12-24-2011, 13:54
Yea the initial post got off to a bad start, but that happens. - even to me. - he is looking for a change.

Wise Old Owl
12-24-2011, 16:03
Starter example

LYNCHBURG (http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/search/jjj?query=crozet&srchType=A)

Crozet near Calf Mountain
Crozet (http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/search/jjj?query=crozet&srchType=A)

Waynesboro (http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/search/jjj?query=Waynesboro&srchType=A)

SouthMark
12-24-2011, 16:16
He states that he is not looking to commit fraud but working off the books for cash implies not wanting to be cut for payroll taxes and SUI which of course is fraud unless he receives a 1099 at the end of the year.