PDA

View Full Version : ULA Circuit!

Sassafras Lass
12-22-2011, 19:06
Just pulled the trigger on a ULA Circuit in delicious purple. Mmmmmm . . . . . .

Talked directly with Chris - very nice gentleman, as I'd heard - he insisted I measure my torso again to ensure a correct fit. Should be arriving into my trembling fingers by the second week of January. :D Will post pics and a review when I get it!

corialice81
12-22-2011, 19:43
congratulations! I love mine!

skinewmexico
12-22-2011, 20:21
Great pack. Not sure about the purple though.

atmilkman
12-22-2011, 20:38
Got one in red back in Nov. It sits under the tree right now. Gonna break it in on the O2L section of the FT in Feb. Buffalo Skipper should be chiming in any time now. His custom order should have came in last week. Good choice F-Stop. This is my second one. First one is just about wore out. I have all but purposely abused it. Very impressive piece of equipment.

bigcranky
12-22-2011, 21:54
Got mine in Navy blue. Looks great.

STICK
12-23-2011, 00:56
Congrats! I am with skinewmexico though about the purple... But hey, at least it will be easy to pick out of a line up! Enjoy!

wrongway_08
12-23-2011, 01:57
Great pack, I still have the I used during my through hike. Just ordered another one in 3 weeks ago, I love, nice upgrades over the 1st one I have. Congrats!

Tinker
12-23-2011, 03:56
Just pulled the trigger on a ULA Circuit in delicious purple. Mmmmmm . . . . . .

Talked directly with Chris - very nice gentleman, as I'd heard - he insisted I measure my torso again to ensure a correct fit. Should be arriving into my trembling fingers by the second week of January. :D Will post pics and a review when I get it!

Barney is very jealous! :D

Sassafras Lass
12-24-2011, 09:32
Okay . . . . . ya'll have said over and over what an exceptional person Chris is . . . . it's Christmas Eve, right? I checked my email, and it looks like my pack has already LEFT Utah and is heading to me as we speak!! How is this possible? I phoned the man Thursday evening! And he confirmed that with the holiday, it'd be a few days before it shipped, and I could expect it around the 9th or 10th - at this rate, I'll have it in my hands by next Wednesday!

I am beyond excited, and furthermore shaking my head that he is this expedient. A 1-man cottage business, blowing everyone else out of the water.

If this pack fits, I'm never buying another brand again. :D

Oh, and purple's awesome - yes, I'm a lady. I'll prove it to you with a nice photoshoot. :)

Buffalo Skipper
12-24-2011, 13:39
Got one in red back in Nov. It sits under the tree right now. Gonna break it in on the O2L section of the FT in Feb. Buffalo Skipper should be chiming in any time now. His custom order should have came in last week. Good choice F-Stop. This is my second one. First one is just about wore out. I have all but purposely abused it. Very impressive piece of equipment.

Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago. It is sweet. No special colors, but it has the "stretch" mesh on the back rather than the standard non-stretch.

This next week, my son and I will be taking our Circuits out on the trail for 4 days. It will his first time with a Circuit--he has been seeking a light-weight pack for almost a year now, and I think he will like it. I am looking forward to trekking with the new pack and seeing how it works. I will certainly chime in with a report after we get back.

free66
12-24-2011, 14:28
I just bought one for my girl. It arrived two days ago and I have to say.... Nice Pack.

It kinda looks like a beefed up version of my Golite Pinnacle.

TRAUMAhead
12-25-2011, 03:25
Just ordered a HMG Windrider to replace my ULA Circuit. Nothing wrong with the Circuit, in fact it was perfect (except for the obscenely long straps, didn't want to cut them just in case I sold the pack), but I suffer from a case of gear addiction. Needed a slightly smaller pack and wanted to cut some weight. I figured instead of stepping down to an Ohm, I'd give another company a try and see if the grass was greener.

You'll love the Circuit. Rides super comfy, especially the hipbelt. Did you go with the S or J curve straps?

Sassafras Lass
12-25-2011, 12:39
Did you go with the S or J curve straps?

S curve - they looked a lot comfier and have better reports from both men and women.

BlackJack1
12-25-2011, 14:00
Overpacked mine for 60 miles with no problem!

skinewmexico
12-25-2011, 14:08
I'm going to have to call and talk to Chris some day; I've only talked to Brian (before he sold out) and Casey. I know I had an adjustment problem (operator error) with my Circuit, and email a pic, and Casey got my cell phone number off the invoice and called me at home that night. People can brag all they want to about Osprey and Gregory, but they ain't doing anything like that.

wcgornto
12-25-2011, 16:31
Nothing wrong with the Circuit, in fact it was perfect (except for the obscenely long straps, didn't want to cut them just in case I sold the pack)

No risk of me selling my Circuit. I cut the obscenely long straps before it ever saw the trail. Only a minor annoyance, perhaps useful to those who like to strap all of their personal belongings all over their pack. Since I am not among those, I got rid of the unnecessary extra length immediately.

Ohio Grown
12-30-2011, 13:34
I was going to order one of these soon but I didn't see color options on the website. Is that something you have to call about?

topshelf
12-30-2011, 17:37
yeah, when did they get different colors? I saw them in a picture this spring and wanted one when I got my bag, but all they had were green. The original green is a great color though

topshelf
12-30-2011, 17:41
nvm, saw this on their home page....

Special Offer! - Fall Colors (pun intended) For a very limited time we are offering all our Ula-Equipment backpacks in very non-ula colors:
red, navy blue, royal blue, khaki (tan), black,yellow, purple and sage These colored fabrics are 500 denier nylon. A very tough material with just a total weight gain per pack of
about 1 oz.

These custom orders are just an additional $30 to the base price of whichever pack you select.
All of these custom packs are special orders and as with any special order, they are not returnable.
Special orders must be placed by phone: 435-753-5191
Email ([email protected]) with any further questions

I wonder how long these special colors will be offered. Hopefully maybe long enough for me to get some more dough and buy one.

skinewmexico
12-31-2011, 00:46
Black? You can dye their normal packs black, not sure why you'd want to pay $30.

Sassafras Lass
01-01-2012, 17:46

Thar she blows!

I'm busy with festivities and such - I'll have to properly try it and give a full report in the future - but so far, it fits me extremely well and that color is gorgeous!

Happy New Year, everyone!

Northern Lights
01-01-2012, 19:06
I like it! I have the original color and nothing wrong with that. But I like that purple!

TRAUMAhead
01-02-2012, 04:35
Thar she blows!

I'm busy with festivities and such - I'll have to properly try it and give a full report in the future - but so far, it fits me extremely well and that color is gorgeous!

Happy New Year, everyone!Any more angles? Definitely looks more awesome than I was expecting. The purple on the shoulder straps is a nice touch.

skinewmexico
01-02-2012, 13:31
That really makes me want to dye all my ULA packs.

Sassafras Lass
01-07-2012, 17:06
Had some sunlight finally, here are a few more.

That's what I like to see!

STICK
01-07-2012, 18:06
Cool beans, there definitely won't be any mistaking your pack amongst others... Thanks for the pics I was interested in what they looked like.

Visionmonger
01-07-2012, 21:28
Colors?! Wow, I LOVE mine, but sometimes wish it were a tad larger although that wish evaporates quickly as soon as the trail begins going up!