PDA

View Full Version : NC Hike - Iron Mtn Gap to Hot Springs Dec 26,27,28, 29

Papa D
12-23-2011, 21:14
This is pretty short notice but I'm planning on hiking either Iron Mtn Gap, TN to Sam's Gap, NC or Sam's Gap to Hot Springs starting on Monday, 12/26 and finishing on the morning of 12/29. I do a lot of winter hiking and am pretty much good to go whatever the conditions are. My typical pace is about 14-15 miles per day but I don't mind cranking out a 20 or easing along and doing 8-10. Anyway -- any normal, more or less sane backpacker out there want to go (and run shuttle)? My other option is doing a loop in Joyce Kilmer Citico Creek wilderness in NC / TN -- I know that area pretty well. P/M me if interested.

10-K
12-23-2011, 21:22
This is pretty short notice but I'm planning on hiking either Iron Mtn Gap, TN to Sam's Gap, NC or Sam's Gap to Hot Springs starting on Monday, 12/26 and finishing on the morning of 12/29. I do a lot of winter hiking and am pretty much good to go whatever the conditions are. My typical pace is about 14-15 miles per day but I don't mind cranking out a 20 or easing along and doing 8-10. Anyway -- any normal, more or less sane backpacker out there want to go (and run shuttle)? My other option is doing a loop in Joyce Kilmer Citico Creek wilderness in NC / TN -- I know that area pretty well. P/M me if interested.

Me and my wife are hiking Davenport Gap to Hot Springs on the 29th or I'd hike a piece of it with you.

I'll be around Monday if you need to shuttle between Sam's Gap and Iron Mt. Gap.