PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukka to everyone!

HiKen2011
12-24-2011, 14:36
Best wishes to everyone and a very happy, healthy and exciting new year! :):):)

ChinMusic
12-24-2011, 14:44
Same.

edit: lame joke

hikerboy57
12-24-2011, 14:47
same here.

Theosus
12-24-2011, 14:52
Please accept without obligation, express or implied, these best wishes for an environmentally safe, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, and gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday as practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice (but with respect for the religious or secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or for their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all) and further for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated onset of the generally accepted calendar year (including, but not limited to, the Christian calendar, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures). The preceding wishes are extended without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee(s).

ChinMusic
12-24-2011, 14:56
Please accept without obligation, express or implied, these best wishes for an environmentally safe, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, and gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday as practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice (but with respect for the religious or secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or for their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all) and further for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated onset of the generally accepted calendar year (including, but not limited to, the Christian calendar, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures). The preceding wishes are extended without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee(s).

awesome

I'm stealing this.

I did start mine off with "Mike check"

HiKen2011
12-24-2011, 15:17

And happy holidays to you............ think?

HiKen2011
12-24-2011, 15:18
And happy holidays to you............ think?

Should say I think?

rocketsocks
12-24-2011, 15:53
Please accept without obligation, express or implied, these best wishes for an environmentally safe, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, and gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday as practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice (but with respect for the religious or secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or for their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all) and further for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated onset of the generally accepted calendar year (including, but not limited to, the Christian calendar, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures). The preceding wishes are extended without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee(s).While this is a great post,I'm reminded how were (people in general)more alike than different.And that we stand(myself included) to be more tolerant of other peoples beliefs,culture and choices.Merry Chritmas and a happy and healthy new year.

wrongway_08
12-24-2011, 15:54
Happy holidays to everyone here! We have been lucky to have such great friends here on W.B.. over the years we have able to learn/hang out/hike with and help out one another. Many years of great memories, not only hiking but watching our families grow. Going through hardships together and being able to fall back on one another for support. Here is to many more years of health, hiking and new friendships! Happy Holidays and a Great New Year to each of you!!!!

Storm
12-24-2011, 16:24
Merry CHRISTmas, If I offend anyone tough.

double d
12-24-2011, 16:42
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all my Whiteblaze friends, as I enjoy reading about your hikes and opinions at our online community.

johnnybgood
12-24-2011, 16:53
While this is a great post,I'm reminded how were (people in general)more alike than different.And that we stand(myself included) to be more tolerant of other peoples beliefs,culture and choices.Merry Chritmas and a happy and healthy new year. Excellent post ! We as human beings are all spiritual regardless of religious persuasion or lack thereof ....

Summit
12-24-2011, 19:20
Merry CHRISTmas, If I offend anyone tough.Best post of the bunch! :) Have a CHRISTmas filled with love, everyone!

Six-Six
12-24-2011, 19:45
And to all a good night.

4eyedbuzzard
12-24-2011, 20:03
No problem. And I hope you're having a very Happy Hanukkah too. :D

4eyedbuzzard
12-24-2011, 20:18
Oh, and I hope all here on WB have a very Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah - or whatever Holiday they may celebrate.

corialice81
12-24-2011, 20:24

Agree with quote above.

Mountain Mike
12-24-2011, 21:14
Happy Holidays to all. May you to be healthy enough to get lots of trail miles in the coming year with great companionship.

HiKen2011
12-24-2011, 21:38
Great post! I referred to Hanukka because I have Jewish friends. Happy and or Merry whatever to everyone.

lunatic
12-24-2011, 21:43
Peace to all the hiker trash!!

Cookerhiker
12-24-2011, 22:29
Merry Christmas to those who celebrate such, and may all have a blessed and rewarding 2012, whether on the Trail or wherever life finds you.

wornoutboots
12-25-2011, 00:31
Merriest Christmas & Happiest New Years To All!!

Sarcasm the elf
12-25-2011, 01:20
+1 to all of the posts on the thread!

DeerPath
12-25-2011, 12:25
What he say?

daddytwosticks
12-25-2011, 13:12
Happy Festvus for the rest of us....:)

Tinker
12-25-2011, 16:11

At least you didn't say "JESUS" ;) - OOps, my bad..................:D

It's hard to offend someone who is TRULY open minded and TOLERANT - OH, how that word is rendered impotent by many of those who demand it of others but are blind to their lack of it. Love covers the multitude of our sins (I read that somewhere).

Have a wonderful holiday season and a peaceful and fulfilling 2012 (end of the world notwithstanding). ;):)

Tinker
12-25-2011, 16:13
Happy Festvus for the rest of us....:)

Hey, wasn't he one of the guys on the movie "Deliverance" with Burt Reynolds? - Just kidding. (are you using the "V" as a Latin "U")? :)

Summit
12-25-2011, 17:11
Hey, wasn't he one of the guys on the movie "Deliverance" with Burt Reynolds? - Just kidding. (are you using the "V" as a Latin "U")? :)No, he was Matt Dillon's (James Arness) friend and sometimes deputy on Gunsmoke! :)

Hoofit
12-25-2011, 17:35
Happy Quanza to all of you too...

daddytwosticks
12-25-2011, 18:09
Sorry Kramer, just my bad spelling (an attempt at hvmor). Merry Christmas to all. :)

slims
12-25-2011, 19:53
I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I definitely enjoyed mine. I got a nice pair of hiking shoes and ate enough food to keep me full until the end of the year. Or until tomorrow when we have another big family lunch.

Sassafras Lass
12-25-2011, 20:05

You sound like my husband! LOL I agree 100% - but unfortunately stuff like this makes you an @ss to everyone else. :( Least that's what I'm told by my atheist friends.

Tinker
12-26-2011, 16:51
You sound like my husband! LOL I agree 100% - but unfortunately stuff like this makes you an @ss to everyone else. :( Least that's what I'm told by my atheist friends.

They need to be more tolerant and loving. ;) :)

Ron Haven
12-27-2011, 00:30
To all the White Blazers, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"....

WingedMonkey
12-27-2011, 18:33
I returned today from one of my favorite under known side trails off of the Florida Trail on the west side of the Lake Okeechobee loop.
An archaeological site along Fisheating Creek called Fort Center where humans migrated from what is now Mexico or Guatemala to Florida what scientist guess was at least 3,000 years ago. They built mounds and buildings and canals and burial platforms and left evidence of growing corn a century before corn was grown in the rest of America.

You can not be in such an historical place and not think about what happened when Christmas was brought to their kin folk a thousand years later in South America by sword and gunpowder.

Sassafras Lass
12-31-2011, 11:34
You can not be in such an historical place and not think about what happened when Christmas was brought to their kin folk a thousand years later in South America by sword and gunpowder.

Sure . . . but people who will bulldoze others and hurt and harm them "in the name of God" are not what I call Christians. I call them people with an agenda who use religion as a scapegoat.

You want to see what a Christian should be? Study Jesus.

I've always said that Christians get in the way of knowing God. Too true and very sad.

Anyways . . . . hiking! I love hiking! :D