PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Price Survey Results

hikin_jim
12-28-2011, 18:12
I have conducted my own survey of stove fuel prices. I thought people might find the results interesting.

I don't list a lot of stores for alcohol and kerosene for the simple reason that every Tom, Dick, and Harry hardware, paint, and building supply store carries it. To try to list every possible source would require an army of data gatherers that I simply don't have. I have listed some popular low cost sources such as that renowned outdoor supplier, Home Depot. :wink:

Fuel Price Survey Results (as of Dec 2011) (http://adventuresinstoving.blogspot.com/2011/12/fuel-price-survey.html)

Please let me know if this is useful.

Thanks,

HJ

4eyedbuzzard
12-28-2011, 18:35
Cool, good research. Only comment: I do remember buying a 4 pack of 12 oz HEET for $4.99 at WM this summer, which would be $13.30 per gal. Sometimes the different retail pkg quantities offer better pricing, even if they aren't the biggest bulk package. Perhaps the price on HEET has gone up or goes up seasonably as well.

hikin_jim
12-28-2011, 19:01
HEET frequently goes on sale at the end of the season. Look for it and buy it then. :)

If available in your area, Super Tech (the Wal-Mart "house brand") gas line anti-freeze is also methanol and is usually even cheaper than HEET. I haven't tried it (the local Wal-Mart doesn't carry it), but it should be just as good.

HJ