PDA

View Full Version : Cooter's Garage!!

Light Brite
12-12-2002, 22:55
I don't see how anyone can could dream of missing Cooter's Garage. Home of, of course Cooter and The "General Lee" characters from the acclaimed "Dukes of Hazard" series.
Anyway, this tourist meca can be found a few short miles from the trail in Sperryville, VA. If you can get a hitch out of Shenandoah National Amusment Park at Thonton Gap head east and Cooter's is on the right.
There's also a great natural foods store just up the road which is a hard find on the AT. "Plan for an hour. Stay the afternoon, and night."

Oh yeah, Max Patch, in NC is nice too...If you're into that. Much Love.

Light Brite

Lone Wolf
12-12-2002, 23:07
Natural foods? The AT is loaded with such. Hell it took me a week to eat a doe in the Shenandoahs.

SGT Rock
12-13-2002, 10:14
Just a wek, must have been a small one.

If we were supposed to be vegitarians, then why are animals made out of meat?

wacocelt
03-07-2003, 16:09
I had some really good Veggietarian friend in Oregon. When I told them I was moving back to Texas they prepared me a huge dinner, serving soem rather decent meatless dishes.
About halfway through dinner I wiped my mouth, smiled and sat back, "You know, I've been thinking... " they all listen expectantly.
"I'm going to go on a Vegetarian diet" I say with a smile. I let them cheer and gloat and toast for a full minute and added.
"Yup, I'm going to eat NOTHING but vegetarians from now on!"

Some Veggietarian foods taste better off your clothing and out of your hair.

Presto
03-07-2003, 16:19
A friend who thru-hiked in 02 swears that he treasures his photo of himself in the General Lee more than his photo on Baxter Peak. Maybe I would understand if I had made it to Cooters Place myself. I can certainly see the appeal of being next to the General Lee. Maybe next time I will skip the hiking altogether and just go to Cooters Place.:-?

Askus3
03-08-2003, 09:34
excellent health food store just south on Route 94 in Vernon, NJ. Maybe 100 yards beyond Dunkin Donuts on same side of street in strip mall. Dunkin Donuts & health food on the same menu in Vernon - ???

BlackCloud
10-01-2004, 07:16
As of mid August, Cooter's place along Rt 211 is closed. The car is gone, the garage is empty, the sign is down, & the lights are off.

Anyone know what happened???:confused:

brian2o0o
05-02-2009, 22:50
Theres a Cooters garage in gatlinburg, tn... Not sure about the one in VA. The gatlinburg one has a nice little dukes museum...lol.

Spogatz
05-03-2009, 22:31
I went by the Cooters in Gatlinburg yesterday and is has been torn down. Looks like it was not too long ago. Something new to go there I suspect.