PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Buddy-?

AndyJ
12-26-2011, 23:14
I'm looking for a hiking buddy. Someone who is hiking and would like some company. No, not clingy company. Just someone to talk with and share ideas about what this or that trail marker means. I'm a thru hiker who got washed off the Trail by Hurricane Irene last year. Now I am planning to see some of Canada.

I'm a not slow/not fast hiker. usually 10-15 miles, depending. I'm a male in my 50's.
I stay in a hotel and have nice long hot showers once a week or so.
I'm willing to help Hiker Buddy with hotel/meal expenses.

If you or someone you know is interested in walking together. Maybe even just a section hiker or three would fit.
Let's talk.

My Trail Name is "Master Splinter"...

BeckaLecka
01-15-2012, 20:07
Hi,My name is Becky. I'm planning my first thru hike for this year. I'm planning on going south. I really want someone to go with. I'm not in a rush but I'm not a slacker. Im very athletic (a high school state champion runner, 10 years ago haha) but i also love nature and wish to experience everything the trail has to offer. My boyfriend is not able to join me but is very supportive of my desire to go. Id love to find out more about you. Where do you live, are you planning to go south? What are your interests, hobbies? Are you sincerely looking for a travel friend or is this an attempt to get some action on the trail? I'm so excited about this I could leave tomorrow and am really excited to make new friends!Please write me back soon! I'd love to meet you and hear about your prior experiences!Thanks!

jaweidler
01-17-2012, 23:53
If you hit NC or VA let me know sounds like you and I are about the same speed / mentality. I am a stay at home dad and usually jump at a chance to get out my wife wants me to not go solo I had close call in '04. At any rate I do prefer company as to solo...most of the time! Holler if you hit NC that is where I live.

CROCKETT
01-23-2012, 18:50
AndyJ, I am for sure heading out in March for a Thru Hike.. I am going to be checking the 10 day forecast in early March and will be going when I see a few days of good weather. I currently live in South Carolina, 56 years old and just retired. I am in pretty good shape, hiking quite a bit, but working out at the gym and running most every day.

I went down to Springer a couple of months ago and hiked up to Mountain Crossing, the first 30 or so miles of the trail. I wanted to get that under my belt just to give me a first hand look at the beginning to help with any nervousness I might be feeling.

I look forward to seeing you on the trail.

GlassSunrise413
01-24-2012, 13:29
Hey All....

I am seeking a hiking buddy that doesn't want to rush. I am not a fast hiker. I live in Western MA. PM me please.

TeamLoblolly
01-24-2012, 13:40
I'll go. Leave between now and March 1st? I'm a thru hicker. 10-15 miles sounds great. Will you start at springer?