PDA

View Full Version : Marmot Sawtooth

ljcsov
01-01-2012, 15:25
I have a pretty good deal lined up for this bag. Anyone have any personal experience with it? It looks like a great 3-season and maybe 4-seaon with clothes bag. Looking forward to getting some info...will probably pull the trigger on it today.

jj2044
01-01-2012, 15:33
HAHAHA, that is funny, im watching one on ebay right now...http://www.ebay.com/itm/330662809011?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 i dont know where you are looking for yours, but you should check out ebay, there are 2 right now that are under 110 on bidding. sometimes you can find good deals.... As for the bag my friend has one and loves it. says it pack nice and small and is very warm.

ljcsov
01-01-2012, 15:38
Hahaha. Not the one I saw. I have a gift card for a website that is allowing me to get it for free :) .....they had the S.D. Pyro but that ran out :(

jj2044
01-01-2012, 15:43
NIceee, free is always good lol.i wish i had more then 2nd hand info for you, maybe someone else will get in on this thread...i read the reviews on moosejaw for the bag and they were all good. hope you get the info you are looking for

HiKen2011
01-01-2012, 16:04
NIceee, free is always good lol.i wish i had more then 2nd hand info for you, maybe someone else will get in on this thread...i read the reviews on moosejaw for the bag and they were all good. hope you get the info you are looking for

I have one, great bag and not very heavy. Warm enough for 15 degrees with clothes on.

gonehikn
01-01-2012, 16:05
I've had one for a couple years and it is a great bag. I wish it were a little lighter, but it compresses very well. It is a very warm bag, too warm for me in the summer in TN. I have used it a lot and it still looks like new. I dont think you will be dissappointed.

ljcsov
01-01-2012, 16:57
Thank you guys! I picked it up. I appreciate all the feed back. First down bag!

Chubbs4U
01-01-2012, 20:35
STP has them new for around $111

Myakka Mules
01-01-2012, 21:26
The wife and I just got 2 of these, one right zipper and one left.... they mate up perfect. We camped this past week, the temp in the tent was 25 but the temp in the bag was 85..... Slept all night toasty with just Thermasilk long johns.

ljcsov
01-02-2012, 00:52
I picked mine up off STP with the 30% off + $20 gift card coupon. For Christmas I had a $50 gift card plus I sold some stuff leaving me with some gear money in my paypal. Basically it was sort of free! I am pumped. My GF needs to get one now too so maybe she can make use of the $20 card.

Toolshed
01-02-2012, 12:00
I have the 15d down Sawtooth Xwide that I got a couple of years ago for around $189-$200 at Campmor, It is a very nice bag - A great bag for the money. I like the roominess, however, it is a bit bulky. I tend to use this for base camping & car camping. I carry a Montbell #2 Down supersomething for backpacking

ljcsov
01-02-2012, 12:50
As long as its a big smaller than my synthetic that I had it would make me happy. Everyone seems to be pleased with the accuracy of the temperature rating so I am thrilled!

ljcsov
01-02-2012, 12:51
Also, I double checked on the S.D. Pyro at STP but they were out of that one. That looked a bit lighter but the Sawtooth seems to be a tried and true all around bag judging by the reviews I've found, your feedback, and how long Marmot's been making it.

tuswm
01-03-2012, 00:52
I picked mine up off STP with the 30% off + $20 gift card coupon. For Christmas I had a $50 gift card plus I sold some stuff leaving me with some gear money in my paypal. Basically it was sort of free! I am pumped. My GF needs to get one now too so maybe she can make use of the $20 card.

My GF and I have the them. she has the womens sawtooth long. but luckly all the marmot bags have the same length zipper from the womens short to the mens long. she is a cold sleeper and it allways keeps her warm. Great bags for the price. They also have the widest shoulder girth of any bag I have slept in, and I have slept in many bags.

lillybruce
02-29-2012, 05:25
Everyone knows if you’re going to go with a down bag; go Marmot. Marmot down bags are downright sick. The secret to the Sawtooth is the bang for the buck, and for just under $200 you can get this 600 fill sleeping bag that will last you a lifetime. This 15 degree bag weighs in at just 2lbs.14oz. and has a lifetime guarantee. The Marmot Sawtooth is a pound heavier from the Marmot Helium, but a fraction of the cost. So hey if you still want a warm quality down bag, but don’t want to break the bank, this bag is perfect for you.