PDA

View Full Version : Oral-B Brush-Ups

Goon
03-11-2005, 10:26
New Oral-B Brush-Ups is a "toothbrush" that you slide onto your finger.

My dentist gave me one of these as a sample last week. Seem perfect for carrying backpacking... small, easy and extremely lightweight. (The single sample I had wouldn't even register on my digital kitchen scales. Less than 1 gram.) The mint tasted pretty good too.

http://www.oralb.com/products/product.asp?tid=products&sub=onthego&cid=onthego&pid=brushups#

Jaybird
03-11-2005, 10:44
GOON:

thanks for the toothbrush & paste alternative!
i'll pick up a pack & use 'em. :D

Footslogger
03-11-2005, 10:50
New Oral-B Brush-Ups is a "toothbrush" that you slide onto your finger.=========================================== ==
Remember to wash your hands first ...

'Slogger
AT 2003

TankHiker
03-11-2005, 11:18
Funny you mention these. I got a free sample yesterday, and I wasn't sure what to think.

I can't imagine they would be as effective as a toothbrush. The packaging says "gives that fresh-brushed feeling". But I wasn't sure if it was meant as a replacement for teeth-brushing or not.

But your dentist knows a lot more about dental hygene than I do. So...

-Tank

Kerosene
03-11-2005, 12:58
This is a better option than the Dental Dots I used, which stuck to the end of your finger with a mini Brillo pad infused with a little toothpaste. Pretty tough to get a thorough brushing, and you definitely want clean fingernails.

The disposable approach would seem to work for a week or two before the total weight exceeded toothbrush + toothpaste.

MisterSweetie
03-11-2005, 13:24
I don't think these are intended for anything except breath freshening. Teeth will still need to be adequately brushed and flossed, etc, based on what I read on their site.

JLB
03-11-2005, 15:35
I tried them on my trip and was not satisfied at all. Went back to a mini Crest and small brush.

Fiddleback
03-11-2005, 16:10
An ultralighter (not me, of course) could just put toothpaste on a finger and get the same result. But then, the ULer would probably start thinking about cutting down the size of the finger...

FB

Peaks
03-11-2005, 16:58
An ultralighter (not me, of course) could just put toothpaste on a finger and get the same result. But then, the ULer would probably start thinking about cutting down the size of the finger...

FB

The ultralighter would start wondering if teeth is really needed for the typical fare of ramen, mac & cheese, etc.

JLB
03-11-2005, 17:01

FB

I hope you don't combine the same concept to toilet paper.

That would leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Panzer1
03-13-2005, 01:11
I would rather have a toothbrush and tooth paste.

I cary a small tube of tooth paste (3/4 oz), listerine breath strips(24 strips in a pack) and floss. I don't want to take any short cuts when it comes to dental hygiene.

You can continue to use a tooth brush even when you run out of tooth paste. The important thing is the mechanical action of the tooth brush against your teeth.

Panzer

smokymtnsteve
03-13-2005, 01:14
I hope you don't combine the same concept to toilet paper.

That would leave a bad taste in your mouth.

how do U know JLB? been taste testing? :eek:

JLB
03-14-2005, 14:06
how do U know JLB? been taste testing? :eek:
No, just common sense.

Arabs don't eat with their left hand.

Ever wonder why?