PDA

View Full Version : Marmot Aspen 20

dshideler
01-02-2012, 23:18
Has or does anyone own this bag? I was wanting to know what you thought of the bag? Is it true to its temp rating, well constructed, etc. I've recently got one for free from someone and just wanted your opinion.

MDFastPack
02-08-2012, 15:23
My dad just picked up this bag pretty cheap from Dicks. We are going out this weekend, so I will check back and give you a trip report. Happy hiking!:banana

wornoutboots
02-09-2012, 22:15
I carry a Marmot Aspen 15 degree bag, it's been great & has never let me down

STICK
02-09-2012, 22:26
No experience with them here. From what I understand these are exclusive to Dicks Sporting Goods store. Obviously these are not near the top end of the Marmot bags, but I have still read good things about them over time.

Regardless though, free is always good! :)

PhoenixFire
02-10-2012, 13:43
I have this bag, and I haven't been let down by it at all. I enjoy it despite it being one sold at Dicks Sporting Goods exclusively. It's my main bag as my other bag's stuff sack got destroyed. Until I get a new stuff sack, I have been using this one for an entire season. The only time I was cold was when it actually did start to drop to the 20's, but I am naturally a cold person that actually does get cold easily so that might have been why.

Hope you like it! :)

dshideler
02-11-2012, 22:56
Update on this bag. I got to use it a week or so ago and loved it. It got down to around 27 deg or so. I was wearing a fleece beanie, lightweight poly long sleve top, mid weight fleece long John pants and mid weight wool socks. The only part of me that felt a little cold was my lower back and that's where my shirt was riding up. I think with heavy weight clothing I could go down pretty close to 20 degrees with this bag. For being an inexpensive bag (was free to me) it it a great choice. If you are on a budget this bag from dicks sporting goods is excellent for the money.