PDA

View Full Version : McHALE BACkPACKS

Nitrojoe
01-04-2012, 00:23
Does anyone out there know anything about McHALE PACKS? I read alot of post about packs, but I never hear about this brand of pack.

Ron
01-04-2012, 00:38
I have one of the McHale Chasm packs. Expensive, indestructible and they carry better than anything else. It's a custom pack and you go through a fitting process with Dan Mchale using a demo pack that he mails to you. Mchale also has several patented aspects to his packs that really improve the comfort. Once you've used his P&G system you realize what load lifters can really do. You don't hear a lot about them because there is little to no advertising, it's a small custom shop and it's not available in any store. For what it's worth dissatisfied customers are rare to non-existent.

4eyedbuzzard
01-04-2012, 01:08
http://www.mchalepacks.com/

Razor
01-04-2012, 17:16
Also check out the price schedule before you get your hopes up. If you do decide to get one report back---

jenpharr
01-05-2012, 10:16
After having major pack fit issues on my first AT hike (like numb fingers, shoulder pain, and bad blisters on my hips) - and after trying a myriad of different ultra-light packs and store bought packs, I ordered a McHale for my PCT hike. It has now gone over 5,000 miles and it has been worth every penny. I never knew that packs didn't have to hurt until I ordered my McHale. I did the fitting and ordering process all over the phone and e-mail and it turned out great. Big Believer.

rhjanes
01-05-2012, 11:52
After having major pack fit issues on my first AT hike (like numb fingers, shoulder pain, and bad blisters on my hips) - and after trying a myriad of different ultra-light packs and store bought packs, I ordered a McHale for my PCT hike. It has now gone over 5,000 miles and it has been worth every penny. I never knew that packs didn't have to hurt until I ordered my McHale. I did the fitting and ordering process all over the phone and e-mail and it turned out great. Big Believer.which one do you use? There seems to be a ton of different ones.

Guy
01-05-2012, 16:44
I have a full dyneema s-sarc, which I bought for serious load hauling but I used for my PCT thruhike. With all the straps and stuff it weighs about 5 lbs. stripped down for the PCT it weighs about 2.5 lbs..

It's bar-none my favorite piece of gear.

The process of getting fitted is not fast. There is no immediate gratification buying a McHale pack. You have to be very patient. If you're planning on getting one for a hike this Spring you should start talking to Dan now.