PDA

View Full Version : Late Starts

alanthealan
03-12-2005, 01:58
So who will be the last to leave Nobo this year? With all the snow being dumped in TN it sure is nice to be late starter.

Nightwalker
03-12-2005, 02:12
So who will be the last to leave Nobo this year? With all the snow being dumped in TN it sure is nice to be late starter.I'm starting the 26th. It's seeming more and more like a very good idea!

Scaper
03-12-2005, 05:41
Many hikers leave in April, May and a couple usually start in early June and finish a north bound hike. Not all hikers keep a trail journal and some have never have even used a computer and could care less about reading journals but just want to experience an outdoor activity.

alanthealan
03-12-2005, 08:34
Not all hikers keep a trail journal and some have never have even used a computer and could care less about reading journals but just want to experience an outdoor activity.
Wasn't really talking about journals. Rather weather and start dates. However if they have never used a computer, why would they respond this post? If I wrote this post on a laptop outside am I experiencing an outdoor activity?

Whistler
03-12-2005, 12:56
So who will be the last to leave Nobo this year? With all the snow being dumped in TN it sure is nice to be late starter.

I've finalized May 21 as the start date, so that probably puts me at the tail-end of the NOBOs. It's still a surreal 70-odd days away.
-Mark

Scaper
03-12-2005, 13:24
I did get off topic about your post. I just get tired of seeing so many post saying that you have to leave a certain time of year or you won't have a good hike. I left for my thru-hike on may 5 and everyone was telling me that was to late. I didn,t listen to them and had a great hike. I think late april is a geat time to start your hike . Scaper Ga-Me May5-Oct9.

Nightwalker
03-12-2005, 13:43
Wasn't really talking about journals. Rather weather and start dates. However if they have never used a computer, why would they respond this post? If I wrote this post on a laptop outside am I experiencing an outdoor activity?
Yes, but if it rains on your laptop you'll be on ticked-off son-of-a-gun.

:D

Uncle Silly
03-12-2005, 19:15
I'm on target for an April 25th(-ish) start. Of course there's so much to do before then. Catch you trailside!

Uncle Silly