PDA

View Full Version : Honda CR-V commercial...

rtfi
01-04-2012, 17:46
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2012-honda-cr-v-commercial-do-you-want-to-get-married-video-41587.html

Has anyone seen the new Honda CR-V commercial? In it, a woman receives a marriage proposal and then contemplates what she wants to accomplish before she gets married. The first thing that comes to mind is, “I wanted to hike the Appalachian Trail…”

Sarcasm the elf
01-04-2012, 17:54
rtfi, I haven't seen the commercial, but I just want to say that I love your signature line.

felly
01-05-2012, 04:34
I've just watched the commercial. This is a good way of appealing to the woman's world. Basically when we say about cars it is more associated to men. Cars are indeed important. This helps me to catch uo with the fast paced world that we have nowadays. I got the Honda CR-V with everything I desired in it. All I requested was a crossover SUV. It is good for off-roading and has all the storage room I need. I did not have any problem finding the exact car that I desired because there are a lot of models out. I found a car lot that helped me a lot in my search. I explained the things I really needed in an automobile and the things I wanted. They gave me good possibilities to select from. I was able to find this dealership at: http://www.cardealexpert.com/make/Honda/

JAK
01-05-2012, 06:20
It seems odd though, that people will associate buying a new car with hiking the appalachian trail, when hiking the appalachian trail, at least for a thru-hike, will involve storing the new car you have just bought for 6 months.

Now if they ever get around to straightening that sucker out and paving it...

Theosus
01-05-2012, 07:52
Has anyone seen the new Honda CR-V commercial? In it, a woman receives a marriage proposal and then contemplates what she wants to accomplish before she gets married. The first thing that comes to mind is, “I wanted to hike the Appalachian Trail…”I'll have to watch it. I just DVR everything so I don't have to watch commercials any more. They should film a one minute commercial at 1/4 speed so when you zip through it, it looks normal. That would freak out us DVR people.I do have to admit I like my cr-v. Almost bought another Toyota Camry, which I wanted (I love my Camry, my wife wanted an suv). I hate the term crossover though. Crossover from what, land yacht to station wagon? It's a good vehicle, but could use a slightly larger engine (acceleration can be a bit anemic). The styling of the 2012 model is an impressive change even over the 2011 model. Plenty of room for four and enough stuff for a week at Disney World. I don't see what marriage has to do with The trail though. Just don't get pregnant... I guess marriage does tie you down, but at the same time, you have someone there to take care of the house, the bills, the car, etc. While you are gone. Just put it in the vows... "promise to love, cherish, and not give you any crap about your hiking adventures, do it twice a week..."

YohonPetro
01-05-2012, 11:33
I saw it last night and said, "Crap, the AT is main-stream now, I guess I gotta hike the CDT now instead..."

Tinker
01-05-2012, 19:48
I saw it last night and said, "Crap, the AT is main-stream now, I guess I gotta hike the CDT now instead..."

It is so NOT a "wilderness adventure" any more - hasn't been since the 1980s or earlier. With abundant opportunities to resupply (or bail out), slack, blue blaze, yellow blaze, etc. plus the "hike light" mantra, the AT isn't terribly daunting. It still is an "adventure" (unless you over plan it, maybe), but not in the sense that it once was, when cotton cut-off jeans and either Keds or 8lb. boots were the norm. Technology has made it more accessible and predictable - characteristics that you might want in your new car. :)

hikerboy57
01-05-2012, 21:01
even better is the new chevy silverado commercial where a family is traveling in the truck, they keep stopping to check for a cell signal, the 3rd trip he looks at his phone and smiles, says "finally"; you see the phone screen says "no signal".
very cool.

daddytwosticks
01-06-2012, 08:18
hikerboy57, I saw that commercial. You may want to look at it closely again. If those folks are a family, we have the topic for a whole new thread. :)

hikerboy57
01-06-2012, 08:47
hikerboy57, I saw that commercial. You may want to look at it closely again. If those folks are a family, we have the topic for a whole new thread. :)whoops!
here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLoNKtNa17I

Ringleader
01-18-2012, 15:34
This commercial made me feel like someone was stalking my life. I should get a free car. My thru-hike and film here: www.beautybeneaththedirt.com (http://www.beautybeneaththedirt.com)

bamboo bob
01-18-2012, 16:40
News flash - The AT has been mainstream for quite a while.

Lone Wolf
01-18-2012, 16:41
News flash - The AT has been mainstream for quite a while.yeah really :rolleyes:

bamboo bob
01-18-2012, 16:42
I like the commercial from a few years ago. A posse of thru-hikers finds a beer keg on the trail that fell from a balloon or something and they have no way to tap it.

bamboo bob
01-18-2012, 16:43
yeah really :rolleyes: I guess at least since bill brysons book.

bamboo bob
01-18-2012, 16:44
I've just watched the commercial. This is a good way of appealing to the woman's world. Basically when we say about cars it is more associated to men. Cars are indeed important. This helps me to catch uo with the fast paced world that we have nowadays. I got the Honda CR-V with everything I desired in it. All I requested was a crossover SUV. It is good for off-roading and has all the storage room I need. I did not have any problem finding the exact car that I desired because there are a lot of models out. I found a car lot that helped me a lot in my search. I explained the things I really needed in an automobile and the things I wanted. They gave me good possibilities to select from. I was able to find this dealership at: http://www.cardealexpert.com/make/Honda/ Is this really a car ad right on here? Hey Honda! Up Yours! Buy American.

Doc Mike
01-18-2012, 19:04
Is this really a car ad right on here? Hey Honda! Up Yours! Buy American.

ignorance must be such bliss

rtfi
01-19-2012, 09:35
http://www.boston.com/cars/news/articles/2006/09/24/made_in_america_hard_to_tell/?page=full

“To most car shoppers, a Toyota Camry built in Georgetown, Ky., is as American as a Ford Five Hundred built in Chicago. Indeed, using the government's standards, both have 80 percent domestic parts.”

hikerboy57
01-19-2012, 09:51
http://www.boston.com/cars/news/articles/2006/09/24/made_in_america_hard_to_tell/?page=full

“To most car shoppers, a Toyota Camry built in Georgetown, Ky., is as American as a Ford Five Hundred built in Chicago. Indeed, using the government's standards, both have 80 percent domestic parts.”built in factories in no strike states, subsidised by those states, with profits going back to the parent company in japan.not quite.

Doc Mike
01-19-2012, 14:47
built in factories in no strike states, subsidised by those states, with profits going back to the parent company in japan.not quite.

Who owns ford? gm? dodge? Remember they are publically traded and I will guarantee that the majority of those stocks are owned by foriegn investors. Actually 15 trillion dollars of this country owned by foriegn investors. My Point is there is no such thing as a truely american made car anymore.

bamboo bob
01-19-2012, 14:56
Actually I was really commenting on the fact that we were talking about the AT being mentioned in an AD which is OK but I don't think actually putting car ads right in a forum is OK. Maybe White Blaze is selling ads in the forum now? I think it's a stealth AD for a car dealer. I truly don't care what car anyone buys, or who owns what. Mea Culpa.