PDA

View Full Version : Buckman to CR 42

juma
01-05-2012, 22:21
I'm gonna hike Buckman lock to CR42 starting on jan 23. Anyone else want to go? PM me.

juma
01-28-2012, 19:13
It was a nice hike but hot as hell - in the lower 80s. Stopped at the 88store for beer and supper one afternoon. Water was out there but concentrated in high specific gravity ponds and did not appeal. I drank a quart before hiking and carried 2 for the day and that worked. Walked thru a couple of controlled burns with small fires still burning and encountered barefoot florida hikers - they tough. Plenty of blazing in the ocala. I could usually see three blazes ahead and behind most of the time. Thought I would see some of the thruhiker groups or Stumpknocker heading north but met only one other section hiker - Castaway. Next time, maybe the western route...

moytoy
01-28-2012, 22:19
I wish I could have caught up with you somewhere along your trip but my work has been hectic the last couple of weeks. It's been unseasonably warm for over a week now. I'm glad you had a nice hike and maybe next time your in Fl we can do a day on the trail.

WingedMonkey
01-29-2012, 00:15
The Ocala is one of the few areas of the Florida Trail that barefoot is fun.
:sun

moytoy
01-29-2012, 08:34
Barefoot hikers are tough and brave. I was once bit by a centipede, I wll never hike barefoot!

mmais68569
02-02-2012, 09:55
I ran into Stumpknocker on Monday 1/30 he was in Camp Blanding. He told us that he had done the western corridor so that was probably why you did not meet him.

Mike (Mr. Mean)

juma
02-02-2012, 12:52
I ran into Stumpknocker on Monday 1/30 he was in Camp Blanding. He told us that he had done the western corridor so that was probably why you did not meet him.

Mike (Mr. Mean)

that, and I was about a week ahead of them.