PDA

View Full Version : Safe Parking in Pearisburg, VA

C-4
01-06-2012, 12:19
My Son and I will continue our NoBo section hike of the AT this year starting in Pearisburg, VA. Does any one know a safe place to park a car in Pearisburg for 2 weeks?

Thanks,
C-4

FlyPaper
01-06-2012, 12:44
There is some parking at Cross Street, but if you are going North, you probably don't want to start there (it's part of the way up the mountain leaving town southbound). Also, depending on when you arrive, you might not find a space.

Someone suggested I call The Rendezvous Motel 540-921-2636 (tel:540-921-2636). They gave me permission to park there last fall, but I wound up finding a place on Cross Street (which worked for my route south of town). It is not right on the trail. I think it's a half a mile or so off the trail.

Cookerhiker
01-06-2012, 16:22
I suggest the Rendezvous - I've parked there twice for section hikes, stayed with them, and used their shuttle service.

kolokolo
01-06-2012, 22:06
I also parked my car at the Rendezvous motel last summer, and had them shuttle me to me starting point. It was nice to know that my car was safe.

d.o.c
01-06-2012, 22:23
mabe ask the holy family church hostel.. idk what they previde or will do but id say its worth a try..

backtracker2
01-07-2012, 11:05
Rendezvous motel .... Parked there for a section hike. Friendly, close to trail, and a room and shuttle if you need them. I called ahead for permission, and they seemed to appreciate that. Have a great hike!

C-4
01-07-2012, 21:52
Thank you. Your information has been very helpful

sore ankle
01-15-2012, 09:35
You could also try the Woods Hole Hostel, about 10 miles outside of Pearisburg. Great place to stay, either before or after your hike.

Rain Man
01-15-2012, 22:07
I also have parked at the Rendezvous Motel with no problem. Nice folks. And, for a few bucks, you can get the use of a room after your hike for a quick shower and change into clean clothes! Just ask and be nice.

Another big thumbs up for Woods Hole hostel if south of Pearisburg would work for you!

Rain:sunMan

Painted Turtle
01-21-2012, 11:28
Thats good to know. I am planning on using both places this summer. I have also email both places but only got a response from Woods Hole so was thinking Rendezous was out of business. Will have to call.

bflorac
01-22-2012, 03:19
Woods Hole is a great place! In fact, I would just start there. Go there the day before, stay the night and hike out in the AM. Neville & Michael are the greatest host. Besides parking, they can shuttle you around as well.

klpicktown
02-02-2012, 10:44
ahhhhhhh......woods hole....... what a great memory to bring up on a cold rainy day at work.

Woods Hole
02-09-2012, 17:08
You know.. i have to admit.. it feels pretty good to have every body say such nice things about us!! thanks ya'll!! To C-4.. hope we get to meet you. The Rendezvous is a great place to park.. as well as our place. They usually just take a little time to get back to you.... I think you'll set a good memory with us.. but convenience is nice too... which the Rendevous.. is pretty darn close to the trail out of pearisburg..

kofritz
02-09-2012, 18:44
Yeah, i fell in love with Woods Hole. I spent my first night on or near the AT at Woods Hole after leaving my keys locked in a car on Angel Mtn. I was saved!!! Plan to visit again when i can...