PDA

View Full Version : Free STS9 Video - live set (music)

rowan
01-06-2012, 15:40
So I know this isn't hiker specific whatsoever, but I figure hikers and live music go hand in hand. STS9 is a band I've been following for almost 10 years; they blend electronic elements with live musicianship and put on a hell of a show. If anyone is interested in some creative, new-age style beat music, this is a fun video of a day set they did at the Summer Camp music festival.

http://iclips.net/watch/sts9-9

E (http://iclips.net/watch/sts9-9)njoy!

Chaco Taco
01-06-2012, 15:42
Have seen them a couple times, Asheville and Allgood 2009. Great shows!

RWheeler
01-06-2012, 17:58
Thanks man, nice groove-tunes :D

rocketsocks
01-06-2012, 18:57
Thanks man,bass sounds alot like Stanley Clark...good stuff.

Chaco Taco
01-06-2012, 19:10
They have been around for awhile. Starting to evolve past my taste but there older stuff is excellent

d.o.c
01-06-2012, 22:16
whammy nice share.. like some tribe almost got arrested at one of their shows ha ended up being probably my fav sts9 show..

d.o.c
01-06-2012, 22:16
also gotta love some iclips.net

rowan
01-07-2012, 18:58
They have been around for awhile. Starting to evolve past my taste but there older stuff is excellent

Very cool to see some fellow heads on here. I'm of the same persuasion as you, while I wasn't around in the truly early days, I started seeing the band in 2004 and there has been a huge change even since then. Its been around 2 years since I've seen a live show - multiple let down experience has taught me to save my money. I do still enjoy listening to older shows though and watching the evolution of the band (...and the fanbase).

I recently was given a download to the first night of this year's new years run (5 nights total). The set list is an old schooler's dream, but the songs have definitely morphed to fit the new dynamic. If interested, I could shoot anyone the link. Hit me w/ a pm.

rowan

Chaco Taco
01-07-2012, 20:33
Very cool to see some fellow heads on here. I'm of the same persuasion as you, while I wasn't around in the truly early days, I started seeing the band in 2004 and there has been a huge change even since then. Its been around 2 years since I've seen a live show - multiple let down experience has taught me to save my money. I do still enjoy listening to older shows though and watching the evolution of the band (...and the fanbase).

I recently was given a download to the first night of this year's new years run (5 nights total). The set list is an old schooler's dream, but the songs have definitely morphed to fit the new dynamic. If interested, I could shoot anyone the link. Hit me w/ a pm.

rowan

When they played in Asheville, the fall or winter after we saw them at Allgood, they were so much better. It was an old school setlist and really high energy. Good times.

Chaco Taco
01-07-2012, 20:37
Although there is a good sized population of people in NH that want to get Gov't Mule to play the Capital Center. Saw Dark Star there in Dec and its a great venue for pretty solid acts. Umphrey's played this summer. Even through the Whites, if you have the means to see live music, Concord has been pretty hot lately. Although, ha, the debates are there tonite so..................

BryanE
01-08-2012, 05:06
Thanks man, that set was killer. I was by myself dancing into oblivion by the candle light. Thanks for sharing.