PDA

View Full Version : Hammock tarp with netting

Tinker
01-07-2012, 18:46
Has anyone seen or made a hammock tarp with sewn in netting? My idea would be to have the netting sewn to the inside of the tarp about a foot from the edges with the ends having Velcro or Omni-tape slits for the hammock to go through. There would be a zipper parallel to the hammock just to one side of the bottom. It would resemble a Zpacks shelter in that there would be mesh on the bottom. It could also be used where a hammock could not be hung.

Any other ideas on this?

Where I got the idea http://www.zpacks.com/shelter/hexamid_plus.shtml Just picture instead a Mc Cat or other hex hammock tarp with netting down below.

WalksInDark
01-08-2012, 19:10
I have never seen one, but I would post this message over at hammockforums.net and see what kind of a response you get.

Stats 2012
01-09-2012, 02:02
All of the Hennessy Hammocks have built in netting. An awesome product. Well-made and light, too!

Tinker
01-09-2012, 06:39
All of the Hennessy Hammocks have built in netting. An awesome product. Well-made and light, too!

I'm talking about the netting on the tarp, using a hammock without netting - more room inside for hammocker and tarp could be used like a Zpacks shelter with a netting floor.

I had a HH Ul A-sym backpacker. The sheathing on the spectra cord wore out and I had to replace it, and I got tired of not being able to readily look over the side (have to pull it down to look through the mesh), and found that in very warm weather, when you want every small breeze to cool you, the wrap around hammock body made the moving air pass over you rather than around you. I sold it and use a gathered end hammock with a separate bug net. In cool weather I don't have the weight of the netting - I leave it at home - better setup for me, personally.

Tinker
01-10-2012, 13:53
Bumping this post for your consideration.