PDA

View Full Version : How to edit posts?

msupple
01-09-2012, 11:45
It says my HTML code is "off" so I can't edit a post. How do you turn it on?:-?

4eyedbuzzard
01-09-2012, 11:49
It says my HTML code is "off" so I can't edit a post. How do you turn it on?:-?I believe that only donating members can edit posts, except perhaps thread you start as the thread originator in the gear for sale forum?

Okay, I was able to edit this post. Hmmm? I'm confused now.

RWheeler
01-09-2012, 11:50
If it's a first post in a thread (like this one), there should be a button next to the Reply/Reply with Quote/Quote Multi buttons. If it's not a first post in a thread, then I think you can only edit posts if you're a donating member (and only up to 15 days? I'm not positive).

I was actually able to edit this... and I'm not sure why. Maybe because it was so soon after I posted it, too. But like 4EB said, the "first post" thing might only apply to the gear selling forum.

msupple
01-09-2012, 12:01
Thanks...I keep meaning to become a donating member. Guess I will. :)

msupple
01-09-2012, 12:04
Thanks...I keep meaning to become a donating member. Guess I will. :)

Allright...this is getting weird. All of a sudden there is an edit option to my posts but I did nothing to make it happen. Ask and ye shall receive. I'll still donate. :)

Toy2boy
01-09-2012, 17:50
Yes, as a Moderator of sites with more than 10,000 members each - I can say that if I could edit my posts / even deleting entries, would sure clean up the threads here and there. This is especially true when I mis-word a sentence asking for information.

attroll
01-13-2012, 09:07
Being able to edit your own post in this forum was a fluke.
All users have the option to edit threads they start for 15 minutes.
To edit posts you need to be a donating member. Once a donating member you can edit post for 15 days.

attroll
10-14-2012, 11:15
All users have the option to edit their posts for 15 minutes.
If you are a donating member you can edit your posts for up to 15 days after the post was made.

WingedMonkey
10-14-2012, 12:02
All users have the option to edit their posts for 15 minutes.

How do you edit a post in this 15 min time?
Or do you mean as you stated before that you can only edit your own thread in 15 mins?