PDA

View Full Version : National Park Service creates Facebook page for the AT

Six-Six
01-09-2012, 14:41
For those that are interested, the NPS just created a Facebook page for the Appalachian National Scenic Trail at:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Appalachian-National-Scenic-Trail/224252207651827?sk=wall

Spokes
01-09-2012, 16:45
yeehaw!!!!!!!!

BlackCloud
01-11-2012, 01:17
That's what they're doing with my tax dollars? Maybe if some of those rangers were out clearing trails and patrolling against poachers they wouldn't all be 50 lbs overweight.....

Sly
01-11-2012, 01:26
That's what they're doing with my tax dollars? Maybe if some of those rangers were out clearing trails and patrolling against poachers they wouldn't all be 50 lbs overweight.....

I believe there's only one NPS ranger dedicated to the entire trail, and I seriously doubt he's over weight. If you're not aware, generally it's the local trail maintaining clubs that handle maintenance. Also, if I'm not mistaken they do have rangers looking for poachers.

Any other problems with the website?

BlackCloud
01-11-2012, 01:51
I believe there's only one NPS ranger dedicated to the entire trail, and I seriously doubt he's over weight. If you're not aware, generally it's the local trail maintaining clubs that handle maintenance. Also, if I'm not mistaken they do have rangers looking for poachers.

Any other problems with the website?

I've met the one AT ranger when he was an LEO @ Shenandoah NP; HE'S not overweight. We worked together on a PATC trail crew clearing debris off the trail from Hurricane Irene? was it.... no one's looking for poachers, they're busy pushing paper..I worked for them! The AT needs a facebook page? Should the NPS give every one of its 391 sites a facebook page? What for, they all have websites. Do they need to be hip too?

rocketsocks
01-11-2012, 03:00
Yea.'''it's like double taxations without prestadigitation.:datz

Sly
01-11-2012, 08:15
The AT needs a facebook page? Should the NPS give every one of its 391 sites a facebook page? What for, they all have websites. Do they need to be hip too?

LOL... Sure why not, it free exposure and free advertising, and only takes a few minutes to set up.

Rain Man
01-11-2012, 09:22
LOL... Sure why not, it free exposure and free advertising, and only takes a few minutes to set up.

AMEN... I "Liked" it right away. With BlackCloud's self-inflicted and announced attitude of "Screwed at every opportunity," no wonder he's sniveling so over imaginary complaints.

Rain:sunMan

Sly
01-11-2012, 10:13
AMEN... I "Liked" it right away. With BlackCloud's self-inflicted and announced attitude of "Screwed at every opportunity," no wonder he's sniveling so over imaginary complaints.

Rain:sunMan

No kidding. Of all things to stress about. When anyone starts a post with "That's what they're doing with my tax dollars?" I have to ... :rolleyes:

SouthMark
01-11-2012, 10:36
You can't make some people happy even if you hang'em with a new rope.

Ender
01-11-2012, 10:49
And having a Facebook page? Free. I'll gladly spend my tax dollars on free.

Sly
01-11-2012, 11:04
And having a Facebook page? Free. I'll gladly spend my tax dollars on free.

Really, let Zuckerberg pick up some of the tab.

Facebook is great as a "social plugin" to an otherwise static site such as the NP's ANST site.