PDA

View Full Version : Walking with Freedom - Reviews

Tha Wookie
03-14-2005, 11:56
Island Mama, Basil, and I are watching the DVD we just got in the mail. So far, it's fantastic. We'll post reviews soon.

Lion King
03-14-2005, 15:39
Island Mama, Basil, and I are watching the DVD we just got in the mail. So far, it's fantastic. We'll post reviews soon.

WOW!

just got it?

man...they(Postal Service) are on Island Time..LOL

Im in Hiawassee...done 5 days out, taking abreak from the snow and thunderstorm last night...back out tomorrow, then North to Trail Days.

BASIL!!!!!!!!!!! "Hootie Hoo my Brother!"

Skyline
03-14-2005, 16:52
How does one purchase a "Walking With Freedom" DVD?

jlb2012
03-14-2005, 17:07
Skyline - send a PM to Lion King or just show up at Trail Days and buy it from him there

Roland
03-14-2005, 18:35
Skyline - send a PM to Lion King or just show up at Trail Days and buy it from him there
HOI,

I sent Lion King a PM 2-3 weeks ago, and never heard from him. Maybe the retail version isn't yet available?

Roland

Skyline
03-14-2005, 20:42

Thanx HOI, I plan to hike into TD again this year (wanna join me?). Has he said that he plans to have a booth there this year? Or will it be for sale at someone else's booth?

Skyline

Tha Wookie
03-15-2005, 09:17
Walking with Freedom was a great time. We sat around and smiled and laughed and one of us even cried (but I won't say who).

Technically, the production was the best that I've seen on the AT. The editing was very well done, and timed well with the music. The music was incredible, where did you get all that music, LK? Especially I liked hearing Zoe Speaks on there, a great couple doing inspiring things in bluegrass. The entire DVD had a wonderful flow, although I did notice a heavy emphasis on the NE (but it did not detract). The only thing I would recommend improving would be the intro-exit credits, if this will be exposed to many people outside the hiking world, to boltser the professionalism. LK has some great still shots in the end between credits, but they go by really fast.

The content was amazing -especially the wildlife shots.

What I liked most about the DVD was the honesty of it all. I'm a firm beliver that art is when someone speaks from the heart. This means exposing the beauty and the ugliness. That is what LK has done with this production. The result is something that tells us who LK is. It makes no vain attempt to be objective or to hide the unsightly under the rug.

Especially since I have have hiked with LK, I really appreciated his accuracy in his portrayal of the total picture of the hike. It helped me follow along emotionally, not just factually. I mean, when they start talking about the end of the hike, reaching Katahdin and so forth, I felt that blissful sadness that comes with ending a long hike. By the time it was over, I felt in a similar way that I did while I stood on that mountain. I wasn't ready for it to end.

Thanks Lion King for a great production!

Lion King
03-15-2005, 12:43
Yup. Trail Days is were they will be as I am hiking now...Friday May 13th, Big Screen. The Rock School... In Hiawassee...cold, snow this am...see ya at Trail days...and sorry Roland, didnt have any available.

LK

Lion King
03-15-2005, 12:46
Walking with Freedom was a great time. We sat around and smiled and laughed and one of us even cried (but I won't say who).

Technically, the production was the best that I've seen on the AT. The editing was very well done, and timed well with the music. The music was incredible, where did you get all that music, LK? Especially I liked hearing Zoe Speaks on there, a great couple doing inspiring things in bluegrass. The entire DVD had a wonderful flow, although I did notice a heavy emphasis on the NE (but it did not detract). The only thing I would recommend improving would be the intro-exit credits, if this will be exposed to many people outside the hiking world, to boltser the professionalism. LK has some great still shots in the end between credits, but they go by really fast.

The content was amazing -especially the wildlife shots.

What I liked most about the DVD was the honesty of it all. I'm a firm beliver that art is when someone speaks from the heart. This means exposing the beauty and the ugliness. That is what LK has done with this production. The result is something that tells us who LK is. It makes no vain attempt to be objective or to hide the unsightly under the rug.

Especially since I have have hiked with LK, I really appreciated his accuracy in his portrayal of the total picture of the hike. It helped me follow along emotionally, not just factually. I mean, when they start talking about the end of the hike, reaching Katahdin and so forth, I felt that blissful sadness that comes with ending a long hike. By the time it was over, I felt in a similar way that I did while I stood on that mountain. I wasn't ready for it to end.

Thanks Lion King for a great production!
Thanks bro!

yeah, the closer I got to K the longer I made it seem...to build tension...ya know..we are in Maine...Katahdin is so far,. yet so close...oh its coming...its there...I can see it...I can feel it...that feeling...ya know?

Plus I wanted to build the feeling of being completely alone in a way at the begining, then with a large group for a while, then alone again.

The Music is going to be included in on a CD in the packaging with the DVD when we sale it as a whole unit at Trail Days.