PDA

View Full Version : Your iconic memory

strollingalong
01-13-2012, 16:01
What would be the one experience-defining moment for you on the trail?
That one memory that'll always be there when you're much older and greyer and every other memory is lost in the mists of time.

Reading n lazing around on a sunny Mexican afternoon and was thinking about my upcoming AT and the only experience I have that's similar - el Camino de Santiago in Spain.....the best moment then was an afternoon drinking under the arch of a church on top of a hill drinking free red wine from a vineyard at the base of the hill. Eating cheese and getting to know all sorts of folk from all over the world. Didn't take many photos on that trip so that'll be my lasting memory.

your one defining moment from the AT?

Tenderheart
01-14-2012, 12:17
Well, it's kind of corny, but here goes. As I was approaching Abol Bridge on my thru hike, my wife had flown to Bangor, rented a car, and slipped and placed a greeting card in the middle of the trail. It read something like you have reached your goal and realized your life-long dream. It was also my birthday. I told you it was corny, but this memory is more vivid than any of the others.

hikerboy57
01-14-2012, 12:22
Well, it's kind of corny, but here goes. As I was approaching Abol Bridge on my thru hike, my wife had flown to Bangor, rented a car, and slipped and placed a greeting card in the middle of the trail. It read something like you have reached your goal and realized your life-long dream. It was also my birthday. I told you it was corny, but this memory is more vivid than any of the others.
Wow!just gave me goose bumps.thanks for sharing.

Jim Adams
01-15-2012, 01:22
Hiking for 4 days with a guy and his sons on my 2002 hike and after 4 days realizing that we friends 25 years prior.

geek

hunter121
01-15-2012, 04:08
Well, these are precisely I need now.
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/20.creation.jpg

hunter121
01-15-2012, 04:08
Well, these are precisely I need now.
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/20.creation.jpg