PDA

View Full Version : Slideshow of my hike

Tyler
01-14-2012, 11:45
This forum was my main reference point for planning my hike last year. Thanks for all the useful information. Big help!

I threw together a slideshow of some of my pics - I know there's a picture of Cookerhiker in there.

Been missing Colorado and the mountains big time lately. If I can save up enough to hike again this summer I'm going to do the CDT through Colorado.

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwajukzmzE

OutdoorsMan
01-14-2012, 12:35
Nice slideshow!

Meriadoc
01-14-2012, 13:30
Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed seeing my long lost Colorado through your hike.

Kookork
01-14-2012, 14:07
Seems you are getting addicted to hiking. Welcome aboard. Nice job.

Kerosene
01-14-2012, 14:26
Nice slideshow, Tyler. Thanks for posting. How long did it take you to thru?

Tyler
01-14-2012, 19:27
Thanks for the kind words!

It took me 29 days total I took full zero days and a couple low mile days.

I am addicted!! If it wasn't for student loan payments I would defiantly try and thru the PCT or the AT

DLANOIE
01-14-2012, 19:44
Great slide show Tyler. I enjoyed watching it alot. Thanks.

Cookerhiker
01-16-2012, 22:32
Hey Tyler, I really enjoyed the show and it sure brought back memories. OK if I send the link to my hiking bud Northern Harrier and also to Mickey who hiked with us for 10 days?

What software did you use - PowerPoint? I've almost finished a slideshow myself - it's longer, I guess because my hike took longer than your's;) I hadn't thought about putting it on YouTube but perhaps I will.

It was nice meeting you and thanks for taking our photos as well.

Hope you're able to hike the PCT or CDT.

P-Train
01-16-2012, 22:41
I enjoyed watching your slideshow. Good job buddy!

Tyler
01-17-2012, 09:55
Hey Tyler, I really enjoyed the show and it sure brought back memories. OK if I send the link to my hiking bud Northern Harrier and also to Mickey who hiked with us for 10 days?

What software did you use - PowerPoint? I've almost finished a slideshow myself - it's longer, I guess because my hike took longer than your's;) I hadn't thought about putting it on YouTube but perhaps I will.

It was nice meeting you and thanks for taking our photos as well.

Hope you're able to hike the PCT or CDT.

Cooker, I have a Mac computer so I used IMovie. Once I figured out how to use the program it went really smoothly. I'm not sure what program to recommend for a PC.

Certainly pass the link on to whoever you feel would enjoy it. Tell Mickey I said hello. I camped with her and the father and son that were hiking together about 8 miles after Mt. Princeton. Did she finish?

Good luck on getting you slideshow done, hit me up with the link if you get it posted up on YouTube.

Cookerhiker
01-17-2012, 20:38
Cooker, I have a Mac computer so I used IMovie. Once I figured out how to use the program it went really smoothly. I'm not sure what program to recommend for a PC.

Certainly pass the link on to whoever you feel would enjoy it. Tell Mickey I said hello. I camped with her and the father and son that were hiking together about 8 miles after Mt. Princeton. Did she finish?

Good luck on getting you slideshow done, hit me up with the link if you get it posted up on YouTube.

Will do Tyler. It's coming along - just need to add the music. Haven't done this much so I'm learning.

Mickey did finish. We had only met her the day before we met you but she stayed in Salida with us and we zeroed there, the first of our 2 zeros. We left Salida together and camped together all the way until Elk Canyon - about 10 days. This included a slackpack day from Creede to Rt. 149. Finally descending Elk Canyon in cold rain, we stopped for the night by the abandoned miner's cabin but she continued on. We hooked up in Silverton but she decided not to zero there so she left and finished 1 day ahead of us.

The father & son were Mike & Austin - really good guys. We saw them on and off, camping with them at Cochetopa Creek after that long dry stretch. Last we saw them was at Spring Creek Pass.

The link below is to my CT journal where you'll see some good photos.

RodentWhisperer
02-06-2012, 09:29
These are some very nice pix!

O-H-10 Lil Ohio
02-06-2012, 11:44
Enjoyed the pic's, thanks for sharing. I am sure you will have many more hikes ahead of you. Again great pic's!

jhunt87
02-06-2012, 13:33
I really enjoyed that as well. Thanks for sharing.

Luddite
05-10-2012, 15:29
Looked like a lotta fun. Can't wait to get out there myself.

At 2:23 was that kind of like a trail days for the CT?

Tyler
05-11-2012, 11:37
Looked like a lotta fun. Can't wait to get out there myself.

At 2:23 was that kind of like a trail days for the CT?

That was some big bicycle race at Copper Mountain. Lots and lots of people that day. Great pit stop for some lunch!

lemon b
05-11-2012, 14:42
Thank you! Interesting looking sleep set-up. What was up with the bones ?