PDA

View Full Version : Silnylon rain jacket ????

Hiking Man
01-16-2012, 15:11
Does anybody know of a silnylon rain jacket that has a brim in the hood to keep water from droping in my eyes and pit zips? I have a packa now and would like to have a jacket option like it without the pack cover bulit into the jacket. Thanks!

Sassafras Lass
01-16-2012, 15:21
Get ahold of Joe @ ZPacks, he'd probably make you one.

Smooth & Wasabi
01-16-2012, 22:21
I think Brawny gear mad a sil rainsuit. Not sure about hood design or if they still do. Might be worth searching.

RodentWhisperer
01-16-2012, 23:29
Pardon me for seeming crude, but why not just wear a baseball cap under the hood?

Tinker
01-16-2012, 23:36
Pardon me for seeming crude, but why not just wear a baseball cap under the hood?

That's what I do, since I pack a baseball -type cap on most trips.

Btw: Silnylon becomes very clingy when worn with a short sleeved shirt, and it sticks to the sides of your face and back of your neck as well. I don't have a sil rain jacket, but I have a sil poncho, and it's unpleasant enough to wear that I do without rain protection in warm weather, but I carry it because it makes a handy quick shelter for lunch breaks (if there isn't a shelter handy), and if it gets colder I can wear it over a long sleeved base layer. For cold, windy weather I'd rather use a rain jacket, but I find that a jacket with a stiffer hand doesn't tend to stick to damp skin as much as silnylon. For feel alone, I prefer something like Driducks or Frogg Toggs (essentially the same thing).