PDA

View Full Version : looking for hiking partner SOBO 2015

hikerboy57
01-16-2012, 22:00
Hi! although ive never hiked more than a mile, it is my lifetime dream to thru hike the appalatchyan trail. ive been dreaming about this goal for over a month, now and have spent the last 3 days figuring out my budget. im going to have to have my family fend for themselves while im away, might be a little difficult with my special needs son, who needs to be fed every hour. im bringing the cat, i like him ore anyway, and itll keep me from getting homesick.
im looking for a compatible partner, ideally would have the same pace as mine, and be willing to set up camp and cook for me as I have little experience. I may also need some help carrying some of my gear on the uphilss, as my packweight is currently 65 lbs. Im looking to start early march from Katahdin and finish at Sproinger mtn by memorial day.

hikerboy57
01-17-2012, 08:37
dont laugh, i know i can do it. i just took some 5 hour energy drink, bringing a couple of cases with me.and a can of red bull.that should do it.the only decision left is what cheese to bring. does brie hold up well?

dink
01-17-2012, 22:27
better keep the cat on a leash so it dosen't wind up being a critter snack! :)

Rasty
01-22-2012, 02:57
Brie will be fine for six months or more. Its already moldy and soft. Whats the worst that can happen?

dont laugh, i know i can do it. i just took some 5 hour energy drink, bringing a couple of cases with me.and a can of red bull.that should do it.the only decision left is what cheese to bring. does brie hold up well?