PDA

View Full Version : "The Packa" customer service

Myakka Mules
01-17-2012, 15:45
Very seldom do you run into a company owner that goes above and beyond what is expected to please a customer. Eddie Hinnant who owns "The Packa" raingear is just such an owner.
My wife and I purchased 2 Packas from Eddie back in March. When they arrived we tryed them on (without the packs) and they fit fine. We then placed them in the closet awaiting our thruhike. Fast forward to January... We now have everything for our hike...We place everything into the packs and say lets try on our packas to see how they fit. My wife's fits fine over her pack and her torso. Mine will not fit over my pack with the Thermarest at the bottom...
After freaking out a moment we went to his website and noticed there is a regular size and a large size for the packs. I sent Eddie an email at 9:15 P.M. asking what could be done. I really didn't expect much since we purchased our packas 10 months ago. At 9:30 P.M. I recieved an email from Eddie saying to send it back and he would send out the large size.
I just recieved the new one which fits perfectly. There was no extra charge even for the priority shipping. Let me just say that if any of you have a need for raingear you need to check into www.thepacka.com/ (http://www.thepacka.com/) and spend your money there. You won't be dissapointed, I know I'm not!

Ender
01-17-2012, 15:54
I always love hearing about good companies. Usually people only go online to rant and rave about problems they have had, so it's especially nice when someone goes out of their way to say good things.

Glad to hear that everything worked out well for you! I've heard lots of good things about that company.

Myakka Mules
01-17-2012, 15:58
I tell you, if all Customer Service was like that we would all be Happy Campers....

Two Tents
01-17-2012, 15:59
Agree 100% about Ceader Tree being a great guy to deal with. More important is how well the Packa works. Ya can only truly appreciate the real beauty of a Packa if you have to hike in the rain for 2-3 days straight! Awesome piece of gear! I'm saving up to get one in cuben.

Myakka Mules
01-17-2012, 16:14
My wife and I did a section hike year before last and ran into a few people with them. We knew right there we would own the Packas for our thruhike!

4shot
01-17-2012, 21:12
i don't have a Packa...but was very fortunate to hike for a few days with Cedar Tree early in my hike in 2010. He was only doing a short section but was very gracious to me and my friends who were just getting started.

strollingalong
01-18-2012, 15:07
LOVE how he has 2180 mile guarantee on his packas.

So do you recommend getting the X version that has a bigger pack size cover part for the outer mat on the outside of the pack?

cheers

strollingalong
01-18-2012, 15:08
well obviously :) I just re read your post about which part was large

88BlueGT
01-18-2012, 15:39
Just wanted to chime in to confirm the great customer service of cedar tree. I will not speak of the circumstances in which I received my packa but I will say this, it was a blessing and cedar tree is a KIND MAN! :)

THANK YOU!

bamboo bob
01-18-2012, 16:13
Great guy and I got a Packa myself for this AT year. BUT does anyone have any experience actually using a Packa on a long trip as to durability and effectiveness? I love it so far. it's great walking around the yard and in my living room but I likely wont see any rain here in Vermont until after I've left for Georgia in March.

Myakka Mules
01-22-2012, 11:02
Well, when the wife and I did our section hike from Front Royal to Harper's Ferry, we saw several packas in use and everyone was raving about them. Sooo they must be durable at lease for half the hike....