PDA

View Full Version : Where is mile 745

hikingbear
01-18-2012, 10:02
I am leaving March 19. I want to fly home on May 24, 25th for my spouses birthday. I am guessing I will be starting out at about 8-10 miles (to start then increase) per day and will a few zero days in there. I know there is a lot of things that can slow me down but I was wondering if anyone can give me a guess to where I might be and the closest airport.

Thanks

If it helps I am an experienced long distance hiker.

Lone Wolf
01-18-2012, 10:08
about 50 miles north of Daleville/Troutville

Lone Wolf
01-18-2012, 10:10
about 50 miles north of Daleville/Troutville roanoke airport http://www.roanokeairport.com/

Razor
01-18-2012, 12:05
You need to get a trail guide such as AWOLS or from the ATC and your planning will be easy to do yourself The milages are well spelled out and all services for that area are documented . Then use your posts for more detailed questions or clarification. It will be easy and have a good trip!

hikingbear
01-18-2012, 12:42
You need to get a trail guide such as AWOLS or from the ATC and your planning will be easy to do yourself The milages are well spelled out and all services for that area are documented . Then use your posts for more detailed questions or clarification. It will be easy and have a good trip!

Thanks Razor but I do have one. They are great! I just didn't have it with me at the time and needed a quick answer.