PDA

View Full Version : things you want to do before you die [BUCKET LIST]

runt13
01-21-2012, 19:26
Runt here. we all have things we want to do, and not enough time to do them all. recently [about a year ago] i hired my son, since we now spend more time togather then we ever thought we could stand, we have developed a better then cool relationship.

so the other day the subject started with...hey dad what would you do if you won the lottery. oddly i had no instant answer. after we talked about everything we would buy, and who would be a little better off with money, the discussion went to what do you want to do before you die? THE BUCKET LIST!

we gave ourselves 1 week to think it threw and gave ourselves a 10 item limit. in no perticular order

myself
1. hike the AT, all 2200 miles of it!
2. do 200 miles per hour at the bonnieville salt flats, on an american motorcycle! [i am actually building the bike as we speak].
3. start and run my own business.
4. catch and release a giant marlin.
5. fly an airplane [preferably a corsair F4U].
6. compete at camp perry in the 1000yard rifle match...and place!
7. get a deer while bowhunting.
8. canoe the allagash wilderness waterway.
9. go to alaska.
10. take my grandchildren to all 50 states on a travel trailer adventure.

4shot
01-21-2012, 20:07
hiking the AT was always at the top of my list. Now that I have done that I'm not quite sure what's next as that was always the goal, sort of like the Captain and his white whale...I've done 7 and 9 on your list, Alaska salmon fishing is incredible. Hope to land a blue marlin one day and may get a chance this summer on a vacation I'm taking.

If I had to give you two or three here goes...a Cape buffalo hunt in Africa, golf at St. Andrews and a tour of the scotch distilleries, and touring Portugal and Spain.I also would like to do laundry without losing socks but I believe the others I mentioned are more realistic.

4eyedbuzzard
01-21-2012, 20:26
1) Climb Everest (even though I know I can't due to several prior bouts of HAPE - and no amount of money can fix that)
2) Travel extensively: See the pyramids, Greek and Roman ruins, the camps in Germany, safari in Africa, cruise to Antarctica, etc, etc, etc. I don't think I would ever run out of places I'd like to see. I think that would consume a lot of time
3) Write - whatever comes out.
4) Get my PhD so that I could teach at the college level.

Competeing at Camp Perry is a cool one. I competed there as part of a junior rifle team in the '60's. We took 3rd nationally in smallbore as a team (and our best marksman was a girl!).

Juice
01-21-2012, 20:30
One of these days I'm going to wake up and chug a half gallon of prune juice. Then wait.

4eyedbuzzard
01-21-2012, 20:32
One of these days I'm going to wake up and chug a half gallon of prune juice. Then wait.Well, that is one way to fill that bucket.

jtower47
01-21-2012, 20:47
1. Ride a bicycle across the United States, preferably with one of my kids.
2. Hit a hole-in-one in golf.
3. Learn to box.
4. Kayak the Erie Canal.
5. Win the lottery.
6. Spend a spring at Red Sox spring training.
7. Hike the AT.
8. Learn to cook.

Lone Wolf
01-21-2012, 20:51
die with a clear concience. goals are selfish

Juice
01-21-2012, 21:10
die with a clear concience. goals are selfishWhy wait til then, you could always live a clear conscience instead. Or so I'm told.

Sierra Echo
01-21-2012, 21:12
Summit Everest.

Tabasco
01-21-2012, 21:56
Jennifer Anniston.

4shot
01-21-2012, 22:06
1. Ride a bicycle across the United States, preferably with one of my kids.

apropos of absolutely nothing, i was at a road crossing somewhere in Pa. I believe it was Windy Gap or Winding Gap or whatever north of Palmerton. A guy pulls up on his bicycle and we get to talking, turns out he was cycling from Cali to somewhere in Mass. I felt like the odds of two people travelling the US from N to S on foot and E to W on a bicycle meeting at that exact spot had to be incredibly small. i was envious as he had only travelled 90 days or so iirc.

4eyedbuzzard
01-21-2012, 22:12
Jennifer Anniston.Let's be honest, you probably have a better chance of summitting all fourteen 8000 meter peaks w/o O's. Though your breathing and heart would would likely be about the same.

BlackCloud
01-22-2012, 01:52
Kill my boss

Rasty
01-22-2012, 02:10
1) Walk/Ski across the Brooks Range Alaska
2) AT
3) Live in New Zealand (My profession is on the long term needs list)
4) Learn a new language
5) Learn to spell
6) Live a year in the wilderness
7) Retire before I die at work
8) Watch my kids become successfull at what they wish to be
9) PCT or CDT
10) Climb something big (Not Everest).

Rasty
01-22-2012, 02:13
My "Not Everest" was not a slight to you. I would just rather do a smaller peak without oxygen and Sherpas. Something like Denali would be my choice.

Summit Everest.

Storm
01-22-2012, 11:36
Drink scotch at Dot's with Lone Wolf

Jim Adams
01-22-2012, 11:43
Let's be honest, you probably have a better chance of summitting all fourteen 8000 meter peaks w/o O's. Though your breathing and heart would would likely be about the same.

LMAO!!!

geek

Jim Adams
01-22-2012, 11:45
I had a list of things to do before I was 50 years old...accomplished them all except skydiving.

geek

Jeffrey Scott Wise
01-22-2012, 12:06
1. Thru Hike AT
2. Blow up the Death Star
3. Open a Fishing guide service in Alaska

Tabasco
01-22-2012, 12:18
obviously, you've never met me before.......

kayak karl
01-22-2012, 12:30
bucket list- do and be the best i can for my 4 children and 4 grandchildren. i'm sure this # will be higher year after year. in between there enjoy my days the best i can.

Here's one for a list......
Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
Henry David Thoreau

squirrely
01-22-2012, 13:17
1) Travel Europe
2) Show my horse somewhere important
3) Publish my short stories
4) Learn a foreign Language
5) Learn to change the oil on my car
6) Perfect my fake British accent (I'm ALMOST there!)
7) Read all 1001 books you must read before you die (58 of 1001, these Russian novels are killing me)
8) See the Northern lights from Alaska
9) Drive across the Hoover Dam (I know it's illegal now and that makes me sad)
10) Conquer my fear of public speaking
11) Volunteer at a soup kitchen
12) Learn to Cook
13) Hike the Appalachian Trail

I have a lot...

rocketsocks
01-22-2012, 13:29
Live:sun, hope I die,before I get old.

theoilman
01-22-2012, 17:47
I've looked at the ages of many who have already posted and wonder "Are these really 'bucket lists' "? Does a bucket list truly happen before some type of major crisis points out to you that there are things you "wanted" to do that now really have an urgency and significance? I don't think so! Many of these are for someone younger and has had no problems just a very realistic want that may not have a realistic time table nor anything to push a time table.

So much for my rant. I am now 64, had a triple bypass heart surgery 2 years ago, and feel that I legimitaly have a bucket list. Mine is fairly short with less than 10 items:

1. To do some serious hiking. Realistically to do a thru hike, whether in 1 year or in sections over several years is probably beyond physically realistic for me (I do understand there are those over 80 who have done it, but for me to do it all is not on my list.) I am just a "hiker." A week or so a year is all I really care about doing. To do all of Virginia on the AT eventually would be nice. (Until last year it had been over 45 years since I had done any hiking.)
Yes, my cardiologist has approved AT hiking, but with paying attention to my body's limits.

My hiking goals are not to see how many miles I can do, but to enjoy myself on the way and stop and smell the roses.

2. To "Walk where Jesus Walked." I am hoping to hike the "Jesus Trail" in Israel, possibly Spring 2014 or 2015.

3. ... Several other non-hiking related Bucket List items.

chief
01-22-2012, 18:31
bucket lists are for wannabes!

MuddyWaters
01-22-2012, 22:10
1) drive the alaska highway
2) spend a winter being a 65 yo ski bum
3) See more of the natural wonders of the world, on foot
4) give my grandkids experiences I was unable to give my kids

Freedom Walker
01-22-2012, 22:34
Funny this came up.
I want complete the At, but just having great health and knees that hold up for maybe a week-long AT hike would be nice.
Go sky diving, i told wife today i wanted this for my birthday this year.
And something real strange. I want to sail in a replica of a seventeen century ship with the big sails.Anyone know where I can do this.
And now for what really matters. Stay true to my faith, grow old with my wife, see my granddaughters marry and have children, keep my mind, and die with my boots on.

HiKen2011
01-22-2012, 22:39
Funny this came up.
I want complete the At, but just having great health and knees that hold up for maybe a week-long AT hike would be nice.
And something real strange. I want to sail in a replica of a seventeen century ship with the big sails.Anyone know where I can do this.
And now for what really matters. Stay true to my faith, grow old with my wife, see my granddaughters marry and have children, keep my mind, and die with my boots on.

Great list, me, I want to meet Ben Stein. Brilliant man

MuddyWaters
01-22-2012, 23:02
Funny this came up.

Volunteer to crew on one of the replica boats. I recall visiting a couple when in port, and they were looking for crewmembers, have to be able to commit a year or so but sounded like fun.

MuddyWaters
01-22-2012, 23:11
Ive been on board the Nina and the Golden Hinde. both fascinating in how small these boats really were.
here is crew info for the nina from the website.

VOLUNTEER OR PAID CREW
If you are a person who craves real adventure on the water and is not afraid of real challenge, or of a few hardships, this may be for you. We are asking for a commitment of at least three to four weeks, and the longer your commitment, the better your chances of being selected as a crew member. While no previous sailing experience is required, some of the best assets to possess are a cheerful willingness to tend to the ship's needs, a strong body, and a high level of tolerance for others. If you don't mind working on little sleep, having little privacy, getting some blisters, possibly suffering from seasickness, taking orders, and sharing in menial tasks, you are our type of candidate.

TERMS
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions based on abilities, skills, and knowledge and without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital or veteran status, physical or mental disability. However, job requires bending and lifting up to 70lbs, and long periods of standing. Safely moving around on a boat and on and off docks in all weather conditions and levels of visibility requires good eyesight, balance, and dexterity.

You are expected to present a neat, well-groomed appearance. Facial piercings including brows, nose, lip, chin and tongue are not acceptable. Hats worn on duty must have our company logo. All tattoos must be covered by uniform or clothing. No extreme hairstyles such as - dreadlocks, multi-colored and/or bright hair colors are allowed.

We are a drug-free workplace. Employees will be required to submit to a drug and/or alcohol test under the following conditions: after a work-related injury or incident, random selection, suspicion of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Refusal to submit to a test or a positive test will result in termination of employment.

If you meet the above criteria, and are interesting in joining us, here is the Crew/Volunteer Application (http://www.thenina.com/crewapplication.pdf) in PDF format. Please print the application, complete, sign, date, and fax to us at number provided. PLEASE INCLUDE WITH YOUR APPLICATION A RECENT PHOTO FROM THE SHOULDERS UP.

If you have questions about the application process, please email:
columfnd (at) gmail.com

hansyb
01-22-2012, 23:15
Norwegian Fjords, Alaska, Everest base camp..... and the AT (of course ;-)

Freedom Walker
01-22-2012, 23:34
Volunteer to crew on one of the replica boats. I recall visiting a couple when in port, and they were looking for crewmembers, have to be able to commit a year or so but sounded like fun.
At my age this is not a possibility. I was only interested in being a paid passenger anyway on a short trip.

Espero
01-23-2012, 14:44
I've done pretty much everything I have wanted to do. Unselfishly, I might add. If I haven't done something, i.e. climb Mt. Everest, etc., it's because I haven't wanted to. To quote Ralph Waldo Emerson, "We are always getting ready to live but never living".

JAK
01-23-2012, 14:59
Perhaps you meant, not as a paid passenger, but as a willing crew member?

Now, when I say that I am in the habit of going to sea whenever I begin to grow hazy about the eyes, and begin to be over conscious of my lungs, I do not mean to have it inferred that I ever go to sea as a passenger. For to go as a passenger you must needs have a purse, and a purse is but a rag unless you have something in it. Besides, passengers get sea-sick - grow quarrelsome - don't sleep of nights - do not enjoy themselves much, as a general thing; - no, I never go as a passenger; nor, though I am something of a salt, do I ever go to sea as a Commodore, or a Captain, or a Cook. I abandon the glory and distinction of such offices to those who like them. For my part, I abominate all honorable respectable toils, trials, and tribulations of every kind whatsoever. It is quite as much as I can do to take care of myself, without taking care of ships, barques, brigs, schooners, and what not. And as for going as cook, - though I confess there is considerable glory in that, a cook being a sort of officer on ship-board - yet, somehow, I never fancied broiling fowls; - though once broiled, judiciously buttered, and judgmatically salted and peppered, there is no one who will

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
page 4
speak more respectfully, not to say reverentially, of a broiled fowl than I will. It is out of the idolatrous dotings of the old Egyptians upon broiled ibis and roasted river horse, that you see the mummies of those creatures in their huge bake-houses the pyramids.

No, when I go to sea, I go as a simple sailor, right before the mast, plumb down into the forecastle, aloft there to the royal mast-head. True, they rather order me about some, and make me jump from spar to spar, like a grasshopper in a May meadow. And at first, this sort of thing is unpleasant enough. It touches one's sense of honor, particularly if you come of an old established family in the land, the van Rensselaers, or Randolphs, or Hardicanutes. And more than all, if just previous to putting your hand into the tar-pot, you have been lording it as a country schoolmaster, making the tallest boys stand in awe of you. The transition is a keen one, I assure you, from the schoolmaster to a sailor, and requires a strong decoction of Seneca and the Stoics to enable you to grin and bear it. But even this wears off in time.

JAK
01-23-2012, 15:07
I've done pretty much everything I have wanted to do. Unselfishly, I might add. If I haven't done something, i.e. climb Mt. Everest, etc., it's because I haven't wanted to. To quote Ralph Waldo Emerson, "We are always getting ready to live but never living".Interesting. Now Ralph was another great write, but I think he would tell you that he got that notion from yet another, perhaps Blaise Pascal...

172. We do not rest satisfied with the present. We anticipate the future as too slow in coming, as if in order to hasten its course; or we recall the past, to stop its too rapid flight. So imprudent are we that we wander in the times which are not ours and do not think of the only one which belongs to us; and so idle are we that we dream of those times which are no more and thoughtlessly overlook that which alone exists. For the present is generally painful to us. We conceal it from our sight, because it troubles us; and, if it be delightful to us, we regret to see it pass away. We try to sustain it by the future and think of arranging matters which are not in our power, for a time which we have no certainty of reaching.
Let each one examine his thoughts, and he will find them all occupied with the past and the future. We scarcely ever think of the present; and if we think of it, it is only to take light from it to arrange the future. The present is never our end. The past and the present are our means; the future alone is our end. So we never live, but we hope to live; and, as we are always preparing to be happy, it is inevitable we should never be so.

Ender
01-23-2012, 15:40
Hmmm... certainly not a complete list, but here's a few things off the top of my head:

1: Finish the PCT
2: Hike the CDT
3: Go to Antarctica.
4: Hike the Milford Track in NZ.
5: Canoe/Kayak the Northern Forest Canoe Trail
6: Build a track car for track days.

JAK
01-23-2012, 15:52
I've done pretty much everything I have wanted to do. Unselfishly, I might add. If I haven't done something, i.e. climb Mt. Everest, etc., it's because I haven't wanted to. To quote Ralph Waldo Emerson, "We are always getting ready to live but never living".Oops. I didn't read the post you were responding to so I thought you were being metaphorical rather than literal. lol. Still, it gave me a new look at Moby Dick as a metaphor for sea voyages as a trip through life.

Mutha Hen
01-23-2012, 15:53
My bucket list besides all the very obvious things, health and prosperity for my family and so on; I am a section hiker and I want to;

Finish the AT, (this job is an 8 hr interruption to my life)
Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu,
Hike the Jesus Trail

JAK
01-23-2012, 16:14
I competed at the 1988 Laser Worlds in Falmouth England, and it was an awesome regatta. Extremely windy and bigger waves than I am best at. I wasn't so much disappointed with my result as my performance. I was a premature starter in one race, and so I missed that one, but I went in to rest and missed the next one also, and those two races proved to be the most demanding so I really missed out on getting the most out of the experience because my head was not where it should have been. You have to make the most of such opportunities, even if you find you are outclassed. Had a similar experience at the Canadian Olympic Trials in 1996. I had some good races, but took some easy way outs here and there instead of really getting into it. I was much happier with that one overall though because I think by the last few races my head was where it should have been. Anyhow, I'm thinking I would like to do one more Laser Worlds or Canadian Nationals, as a master, or maybe a Finn regatta because I've always been afraid of that boat. It's a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxZPvEp-24E

This guy is awesome. Three time Olympic Gold Medalist and going for Four in London 2012. It would be a great privilige to compete again, anywhere, at least within eye-shot of guys like this. You can get much better coverage with modern television, but nothing beats being in the ring, even if your getting beaten senseless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqTvG0hCKa0

daddytwosticks
01-23-2012, 16:19
I don't want or need a bucket list. I'm with Lone Wolf on this one...:)

hikerboy57
01-23-2012, 16:57
thru hike. on my tombstone, i want it to read:"I knew this ws going to happen."

runt13
01-23-2012, 19:37
cool responses.
i was never a bucket list person, however after a tough couple of years i have come to relise that there are a few things i want to do before i cant. the reality of it is that i have done alot of great things in life, have no regrets and aint giving up any time soon.

i really am building an american motorcycle to eventually break the 200mph mark. this is what most of my life consists of, and all my money goes to.

so when the stresses of that and every day life swoop down on me...i run to the woods, i hunt, fish, hike, camp, canoe, usually at the same time in one way or the other. it clears the head and reboots the life channel.

so i am a wannabe!

i wannabe the guy who breaks 200mph on a american motorcycle, i wannabe the guy who can say i hiked the AT, well you get the picture. LOL

RUNT

earlyriser26
01-23-2012, 21:27
1) The longest section hike of the AT
2) Stay at the Doyle
3) Retire at 56 (next year)

Lumberjack2003
01-23-2012, 22:30
1) Finish the Bay Circuit Trail
2) Finish the Long Trail
3) Complete the New England 4000 footers
4) Section hike the AT
5) retire from work and hike the Triple Crown in 3 years

Jim Adams
01-24-2012, 00:24
Norwegian Fjords, Alaska, Everest base camp..... and the AT (of course ;-)

nice list!

geek

lemon b
01-24-2012, 21:14
Southbound top to bottom.

Wise Old Owl
01-24-2012, 22:20
Go home ( Sydney Australia)

squirrely
03-07-2012, 13:08
Funny this came up.

There are places in Washington State that have replicas and restored ships where you can. I think it was something one of the State or National parks were doing. I had an Uncle that was a park ranger sailing on one of these working ships. Not sure of that's still a thing though.

Pages
03-07-2012, 14:53
hike the AT in 2012
hike the PCT in 2013
hike the CDT in 2014
drive to alaska
bike across america
go back in time and have sex with angelina jolie BEFORE she began to look like skeletor.

I am freshly retired and my bucket list will begin on springer this march. whether or not i complete any of it remains to be seen.

TV

atmilkman
03-07-2012, 15:26
Ah, the bucket list before I die. Do I wanna die? I would like to meet some angels on the trail that would make me wanna die. ie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94JMBmS0d6o

nufsaid
03-07-2012, 15:34
21 year old Swedish twin sisters.

Mike2012
03-07-2012, 16:09
I want to learn how to do a cartwheel.

takethisbread
03-07-2012, 17:30
Im working on all these :

Hiking the triple crown
Hiking in most national parks
Nailing all 67 new England 4,000ft peaks
Cycling across us ( done)
Having a sandwich with Bob Dylan.

I'm making good progress on all fronts but hope to to be done with all in 7 or 8 years.

turtle fast
03-07-2012, 17:52
1. Learn the banjo to amuse friends and family
2. Be a triple crowner
3. Pay for my kids college
4. Chase Snooki from Jersey Shore with a tuna for fun

mudhead
03-07-2012, 18:19
http://www.sailingshipadventures.com/

Any number of smaller ships available in touristy areas. Several three mast tubs (day/several day) on the coast of Maine in Summer. I would want to climb the rigging.:)

I have an urge to roast a hot dog over lava. I'll get to it.

rocketsocks
03-07-2012, 20:29
http://www.sailingshipadventures.com/

Any number of smaller ships available in touristy areas. Several three mast tubs (day/several day) on the coast of Maine in Summer. I would want to climb the rigging.:)

I have an urge to roast a hot dog over lava. I'll get to it."The shenandoah"

lush242000
03-07-2012, 20:42
10. take my grandchildren to all 50 states on a travel trailer adventure.

Might be costly to ship that trailer to Hawaii. Just joking. I swear the first thing that came into my head when I read that was the song Bitchin Camaro.

birdygal
03-08-2012, 12:52
#1 Hike the AT, Motor home across the US spend at least 2 wks in each state except Florida never want to see that state again. Hike the Grand Canyon, White water raft all the places in US, Take an Alaskan Cruise. 2 wk vacation in Hawaii. Do some Backpacking in Alaska, Boat down the Amazon, Go on an expedition to see the wildlife in Africa, Amazon, Visit the Regions Jesus Walked

Shutterbug
03-08-2012, 16:05
It is one thing to list what you want to do before you die. It is an entirely different thing to list what you have already done. The longer your "Done That" list, the more likely it is that you will complete your bucket list. Here is my DoneThat list -- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19957918/DoneThat%20yy10701.pdf

mudhead
03-08-2012, 17:11
Now I want a toasted peanut butter sandwich and hot dogs, over lava.

TOMP
03-08-2012, 17:38
1. Live

No need for further numbers on my list, no expectations.

Rayo
03-08-2012, 17:53
1) Climb The Nose (need to become a better climber first)
2) Run a marathon (did a halfer)
3) Scuba the Great Barrier Reef
4) Climb Mt. Rainier
5) AT Thru-hike haha

Wise Old Owl
03-08-2012, 18:57
I had a list of things to do before I was 50 years old...accomplished them all except skydiving.

geek
Why wait?
There are places. For that!

BFI
03-08-2012, 19:03
My list will be complete when they are digging my grave and I come sliding in sideways with my shoes on fire , hair smouldering , totally spent and I get to say “Holy **** what a Ride” with an ear to ear grin....:banana

BlakeGrice
03-09-2012, 00:38
Watch my kids grow up healthy. Thats it. Everything else takes a back seat. I'd love to climb everest...but watching my kids be happy is far more important.

hikerboy57
03-09-2012, 07:51
death is an illusion. i have a long wish list of things to do in the afterlife.
#1- thru hike the AT

Hawkwind61
03-09-2012, 11:08
My list is simple now:
Hike - whenever I can for however long I can.

And in between those times: Stop and smell the wildflowers, watch the wild birds, and paint, draw, or write about what delights and inspires me.

~*~
I was misdiagnosed with MS about 10 years ago. The doctors have been telling me for over twenty years that I have 'fibromyalgia'...what I have finally realized I have is a Chronic Lyme Infection...and the insurance companies do not want to hear that.

When Lyme struck me down so bad that I lost my vision, balance, the feeling in my hands and feet, and a host of other troubles...I looked over my life of 40 years (at that time) and realized that I had been spending all my time trying to make other people happy. I was a good wife/mom/sister/daughter/aunt/friend/worker etc...but I had been putting off my dreams for years. I raised three awesome kids and have two phenomenal granddaughters. My mom and dad are getting older, they are going to need me in the not so distant future.

I did my very first small section of the AT in the Whites when I was 15 or so. I went over the summit of Mt Madison barefoot. I spent 4 days and 3 nights in the Whites hiking with my local YMCA group and the 'bug' hit.

Part of my struggle to recover after the MS/Lyme scare was to start walking and then hiking. My best friend used to hold my elbow to keep me from falling down on the trails...and she held my pack for close to two years because I couldn't tolerate pressure on my shoulders.

Fast forward: with my buddy I've section hiked a goodly section of the AT in Massachusetts. Hiked a good section of the North-South Trail in Rhode Island, and hiked quite a bit of the Metacomet-Monadnock Trail and Robert Frost Trail in Massachusetts. What we discovered from all that hiking is that: She cannot go beyond 5 days due to foot pain...and I may blister, but due to the nerve damage in my feet...I can keep going, albeit slowly because I do not always know where my right foot in particular is in relation to the ground. We had planned to thru together around this time. But an impending divorce for her and the knowledge that her feet just cannot go the miles changed our plans to do our thru-hike together.

I have dreamed of an AT thru-hike since I stood on Mt Madison all those years ago...a barefoot teen gazing out over the mountains and following the trail with her eyes.

I turned 50 last year and evaluated where I was at. I have accomplished almost all of the things I had put on my bucket list when I turned 40 and got the news that I did not have MS...but instead was infected with Lyme.

I battle constantly to stay healthy. I'm in the midst of experimenting with alternative treatments for my Lyme infection. So I decided that I'll attempt the Long Trail this year, and if all goes well...then I will do the AT in a couple sections.