PDA

View Full Version : any experience with salomon exit aeros?

rowan
01-24-2012, 14:49
Thinking of picking up a pair of these I found used, wondering if anyone has experience regarding the fit, traction, etc. I've read that they have great breathability but your socks get wet really easily. Worth asking here I suppose,

http://www.backcountry.com/salomon-exit-aero-2-hiking-shoe-mens.html?CMP_SKU=SAL2118&MER=0406&CMP_ID=GAN_GPLA&003=8219600&010=SAL2118-BUR-S85&mr:trackingCode=F034B26E-FC4E-E011-9324-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&origin=pla&mr:adType=pla (http://www.backcountry.com/salomon-exit-aero-2-hiking-shoe-mens.html?CMP_SKU=SAL2118&MER=0406&CMP_ID=GAN_GPLA&003=8219600&010=SAL2118-BUR-S85&mr:trackingCode=F034B26E-FC4E-E011-9324-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA&origin=pla&mr:adType=pla)

pyroman53
01-24-2012, 19:19
yes and I love them. I have 3 pairs in varrying stages of decay. The new model (as shown in your link) is a bit sturdier than the previous. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not as I haven't used my new ones on trail yet. I buy a new pair every year because they fit me perfectly (narrow foot, narrow heel) are reasonably light and they offer me the exact level of midsole sturdiness I'm looking for. My pack loads run 30 pounds at start of the week down to 20 pounds or less heading to the car. I wear them almost everywhere, including work, gym, and trail. I use a Superfeet footbed with them.

Traction is excellent. Good on rock, scree, etc. Very good in wet weather. Sole is soft.

They are extremely breathable - you can feel the wind blowing through them on windy days. They are soaked through completely if I even think about walking though wet grass. They squish and squirt on rainy days, but they (and my socks) are dry within an hour after the trail dries. I wouldn't want it any other way. Dust and dirt get into socks and onto feet, so frequent sock washing (every day - more on dusty trails) is required.

Durability of uppers appears to be suitable and soles are not too soft that they won't last the usual 500 or so trail miles that I read most lightweight shoes are said to last.

rowan
01-25-2012, 14:39
Hey just wanted to say thx for the relevant information. I'm going to head to an outfitter to try on a pair of salomons to get the fit right... and then possibly order a pair online. Haven't found a place that carries them in person, but I would guess the fit is similar to other models. Thanks again,

g