PDA

View Full Version : A Walk in the Woods Movie?

max patch
03-16-2005, 11:01
Newman and Redford? I'd rather see Chris Rock with Jim Belushi as Katz.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/5234.html

The Solemates
03-16-2005, 11:14
oh brother. why is the world so fascinated with that book? i hate it.

TankHiker
03-16-2005, 11:18
If you'd like to hike the AT in relative solitude, you should plan soon.
I see another surge in thru-hikers in the future.

steve hiker
03-16-2005, 11:18
Let's hope this falls through. Please .........

Tim Rich
03-16-2005, 11:44
If you'd like to hike the AT in relative solitude, you should plan soon.
I see another surge in thru-hikers in the future.

So true, probably a larger surge that the book initially had. The moviegoing public is so much larger than the literary public, plus this movie would have the buzz of a Newman/Redford finale.

Jaybird
03-16-2005, 12:22
good to see "BUTCH & SUNDANCE" gonna go @ it one more time...
too bad they'll give creedence to a book highly HATED by the HIKING COMMUNITY.

hikerjohnd
03-16-2005, 12:37
too bad they'll give creedence to a book highly HATED by the HIKING COMMUNITY.
Be careful about which community you speak for. I consider myself a part of the hiking community, as do many of my friends. I enjoyed the book, so did they. As a piece of literature, it was well written and funny, evidenced by its life on the best seller list. Hate is such a strong word to use over a piece of literature. What was really so offensive about it? So he didn't hike the whole thing. Many people don't. He doesn't offer himself up as an individual who did. Most people make way too much over this book. Is it because it deals with a subject we all know and love?

Having said that, I do not believe it would translate well into a movie. Two guys, rediscovering themselves? Weak plot line at best...:(

steve hiker
03-16-2005, 13:12
Having said that, I do not believe it would translate well into a movie. Two guys, rediscovering themselves? Weak plot line at best...:(
All these two superstars have to do is breath and everyone in Hollywood will make their wish come true.

If this happens, I'll get as much A.T. hiking in before it opens then move to Montana.

Frosty
03-16-2005, 13:30
too bad they'll give creedence to a book highly HATED by the HIKING COMMUNITY.well, a lot of hikers do take themselves very seriously, but there are a lot of us that don't mind a good laugh at our own expense.

I enjoyed the book. Had to raise my eyebrows at their hiking methods, but it was very funny in places, and I thought well written as were his other books. Esecially the AUtralian one.

I have the CD of Walk in the Woods and listened to it on a road trip recently. It is even funnier when narrated.

The Old Fhart
03-16-2005, 14:10
I enjoyed the book with all its shortcomings. My feeling as to why some thru hikers start frothing at the mouth when you mention the book is:

1) They never read it and have a distorted view of what it ACTUALLY says. For instance they believe Bryson trashed the trail, when it was actually Katz that "flung it."
2) It reminds them of what neophytes they were when they started their hike. They want to remember themselves as the “experienced” hikers they were when they finished.
3) Bryson made money on the book. They see it as making money off the trail (which is a sin :) ), or they are mad they didn’t think of it first.
4) His hike was a “failure.” Well, then you’d also have to condemn the rest of the possible 90% that don’t finish as well. I don’t view his hike as a failure, he just redefined his goals like a lot of other hikers have done.

Bottom line it is just a book. You ought to be glad he wrote it so you can feel better about your own hike. And, Frosty, I also got the CDs of Bryson reading the book. I converted it to MP3 files (65Mb total) and have it on the added 512MB SD flash card for my 3oz. MP3 player/FM radio/audio recorder that I carry with me as I hike. Always brings a smile to my face as I’m climbing to some ridge and think of Katz lost off trail up near Cloud Pond.

SGT Rock
03-16-2005, 14:46
I thought parts of it were good, and I thought parts of it were not so good. It is a funny read, but I would rather see Kelsy Grahmer as Bryson and John Goodman as Katz. Maybe they will get someone hot to play Jensine;)

smokymtnsteve
03-16-2005, 15:02
. Maybe they will get someone hot to play Jensine;)

now that is FUNNY

Lion King
03-16-2005, 15:05
Haha, they wont accept my film at Sundance, but now he wants to do a movie on it...heheheh...I guess he heard how well the screening went on Main Street during Sundance.

The Old Fhart
03-16-2005, 15:18
SGT Rock-"Maybe they will get someone hot to play Jensine."If you had been there in 2000 when Jensine was having a discussion about Bryson, that's about as hot as it gets. :D BTW, Bill Bryson was there standing beside me. Only this was a 70 year old guy whose name just also happened to be Bill Bryson. He did sign their register saying that: "Rainbow Springs is now Bill Bryson approved."

smokymtnsteve
03-16-2005, 15:28
I spent a month at RS in 2000..got Jenisine to autograph my copy of " A walk in the woods"

say wrote

"Bill Bryson should stick with writing books and keeps his ass of the Appalchian trail"

weary
03-16-2005, 15:58
I enjoyed the book with all its shortcomings. My feeling as to why some thru hikers start frothing at the mouth when you mention the book is:

1) They never read it and have a distorted view of what it ACTUALLY says. For instance they believe Bryson trashed the trail, when it was actually Katz that "flung it."
2) It reminds them of what neophytes they were when they started their hike. They want to remember themselves as the “experienced” hikers they were when they finished.
3) Bryson made money on the book. They see it as making money off the trail (which is a sin :) ), or they are mad they didn’t think of it first.
4) His hike was a “failure.” Well, then you’d also have to condemn the rest of the possible 90% that don’t finish as well. I don’t view his hike as a failure, he just redefined his goals like a lot of other hikers have done.

Bottom line it is just a book. You ought to be glad he wrote it so you can feel better about your own hike. And, Frosty, I also got the CDs of Bryson reading the book. I converted it to MP3 files (65Mb total) and have it on the added 512MB SD flash card for my 3oz. MP3 player/FM radio/audio recorder that I carry with me as I hike. Always brings a smile to my face as I’m climbing to some ridge and think of Katz lost off trail up near Cloud Pond.
Well, I don't froth at the mention of the book. I recognize that Bryson is a very skilled writer. I chuckled when I first read it -- at least the beginning.

But I do think it is a very dishonest book that is based more on library research than any genuine interest or reportage involving the Appalachian Trail. It's obvious to me Bryson didn't enjoy the trail experience, nor liked anyone he met on the trail. He took the easy way out.

The whole thing is mostly a fabrication. There are so many fascinating people found on the trail. Somehow, Bryson missed them all and settled for a couple of imagined stereotypes.

I continue to believe it a shame that he didn't make the effort to do an account of an Appalachian Trail experience. He settled instead for a bit of imagined summer froth.

A well done movie might be helpful to the trail. But I suspect the chances of that happening are pretty slim.

Weary

hikerjohnd
03-16-2005, 16:21
But I do think it is a very dishonest book that is based more on library research than any genuine interest or reportage involving the Appalachian Trail. It's obvious to me Bryson didn't enjoy the trail experience, nor liked anyone he met on the trail. He took the easy way out.

The whole thing is mostly a fabrication. There are so many fascinating people found on the trail. Somehow, Bryson missed them all and settled for a couple of imagined stereotypes.
I wonder if this is the perception of most hiker/readers? If so, it explains a great deal about the negative feelings towards the book. The book is not about the trail - it is about his reacquaintance with the United States (hence the title: A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail) and the trail just happens to be his vessel for that. If it were about hiking, I would expect there to be a great deal more about his trip and experiences.

SGT Rock
03-16-2005, 16:47
I vote Cameron Diaz as Jensine!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000139/

smokymtnsteve
03-16-2005, 16:54
I always swoon over

http://www.hissandpop.com/celebrities/f/sallyfield/

I can just see her now..with the cig in her lips..

max patch
03-16-2005, 17:03
I vote Cameron Diaz as Jensine!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000139/

Cameron Diaz should be cast as the "typical" hiker babe.

Roseanne would be perfect for Jensine.

flyfisher
03-16-2005, 17:06
Anyone know if Bryson's Steven Katz is a real person? I have always wondered. I tried searching the internet once without any success.

Believing him to be fictitious, I have thought about ghost writing a faux back cover recommendation of my nearly finished book (A Wildly Successful 200-Mile Hike) in Steven Katz's name just for fun.

It would be something like: "With this book, I could have kept up with Bryson!"

Rick

smokymtnsteve
03-16-2005, 17:10
Katz was a real character,,and that's for sure.

The Old Fhart
03-16-2005, 17:18
Jensine said that there was a person who checked in the same time Bryson did but the name wasn't Katz. She checked the registration cards while I was standing there in 2000 and said there was a person from Ohio there at that time. FannyPack was there with Bryson in 1996 and he also says the Katz character does exist.

hawkeye
03-16-2005, 17:53
Hey Rock, you better start working on them "lightweight" lightbulbs! Those Hollywood types will buy them up!

NICKTHEGREEK
03-16-2005, 19:51
Richard Dreyfuss for Bill Bryson, we know what he looks like, and dreyfuss is close enough. Steven Katz- well everyone who read the book should have a mental picture of him and would be disappointed in whoever played him not looking like the mental image. I loved the book, would pay to see the flick. I worry that SNP will be flooded even more because he described it as flat easy hiking with all the available beer burgers and ice cream.

NICKTHEGREEK
03-16-2005, 19:55
Anyone know if Bryson's Steven Katz is a real person? I have always wondered. I tried searching the internet once without any success.

Believing him to be fictitious, I have thought about ghost writing a faux back cover recommendation of my nearly finished book (A Wildly Successful 200-Mile Hike) in Steven Katz's name just for fun.

It would be something like: "With this book, I could have kept up with Bryson!"

Rick
Katz is not his real name for obvious reasons given his human frailities- straight from the authors mouth during a q&a session I believe was aired on CSPAN.

weary
03-16-2005, 20:19
Anyone know if Bryson's Steven Katz is a real person? I have always wondered. I tried searching the internet once without any success. ...
He was in an earlier Bryson book, I forget which. But that, among other things, sometimes makes me think there may never have been a thru hike attempt, rather just another humerous travelogue.

Weary

flyfisher
03-16-2005, 23:53
Katz is not his real name for obvious reasons given his human frailities- straight from the authors mouth during a q&a session I believe was aired on CSPAN.
LOL! Very good. So there was someone, but Steven Katz is not the real name. I can see Katz saying something about my book... I should write Bryson and see if he wants to comment.

Mountain Dew
03-17-2005, 00:31
For the record Bryson moved back to England with his wife and kids sometime in 2003 if I remember correctly.

Max Patch, Exactly how you see Chris Rock playing the part of Bryson is beyond me. Wouldn't that be like Woddy Harrleson playing Jesse Jackson in a movie ? And Cameron Diaz as the typical hiker babe ? hahahaaa :jump Don't we all wish.

Sgt. Rock, I got a good laugh reading what you said about Kelsey Grahmer playing the part of Bryson. Noway. Grahmer is the gayest heterosexual male i've ever seen on tv... not to mention he isn't the least bit funny.

Art Lange, the comedian, could play Bryson as he has acting experience and John Goodman could play Katz. Now that would be a great pair.

Now the question is .... Who would play Mary Ellen ? Annoying, loud, obnoxious, overweight, ...hhmmmm Rosie O'donnel ofcourse ! :banana

UCONNMike
03-17-2005, 00:52
Newman and Redford? I'd rather see Chris Rock with Jim Belushi as Katz.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/5234.html
It would be really cool to see a film adaptation of the book, which I really did enjoy a ton. And if there was a director that could pull it off, I'd be Redford. he did a great job on the House Whisperer and A River RUns Through It, two awesome books about the outdoors.

UCONNMike
03-17-2005, 00:56
BTW, I hate that people say the book is no good, and Bryson is a crappy writer based soley on the fact that he didn't finish...Newsflash WB'ers, a bunch of the Thru-Hikers this year won't finish, and a bunch of you haven't done it yet, so take the book for what it is, a great piece of literature that documents the human experience while on the AT.

Rosco
03-17-2005, 00:56

Please read the title of his post.
"It's only a movie"
It's ONLY based on his book.

Let's see, The movie is NEVER as good as the book.

The "book" is NEVER as good as the real thing.

Am I taking the book as a trail Bible?-No
Do I picture those two doing a masterful movie, based on a subject I love, justice?

Yes!

Tom

Old Phart-
Care to send that file?
If you're worried about piracy, I paid hard-earned American cash for the book.
Thanks

Mountain Dew
03-17-2005, 01:06
"newsflash" ... i haven't seen anybody make those claims on here uconnmike. uconnmike, " "a bunch of the Thru-Hikers this year won't finish,"--- that's the equivalant of saying ... a bunch of college graduates this year won't graduate. hhmmm , but I did get the point you were trying to make. I loved the book even if it is a purely fiction book sprinkled with facts for effect. If I remember correctly Bryson claims that he never intended upon thru-hiking anyways because of time constraints with his schedule. He might have made that up as a cover for not finishing though. We shall never know. His house in Hanover is very close to the A.T. by the way. I saw it in 2003 when i was in Hanover for the Gathering. I simply wished he had still lived there so I could have asked him a few questions. lol... :rolleyes:

UCONNMike
03-17-2005, 01:12
i said it that way b/c it seems liek people forget very easily how difficult and how few hikers actually complete the entire trail. You know that, cause you did it...I'm sure you could comment on how the trail beats you up physically and mentally. I just don't liek hearing people taking the AT lightly in terms of its difficulty

Mountain Dew
03-17-2005, 01:21
Yeah, agreed. The A.T. is difficult despite what some might say. I was a 232 lb. personal trainer, head of security at a dance club, and mixed martial arts fighter before I left for my 2003 hike and came home looking like the Nazi's had just gotten their hands on me for 7 months. Weighed in at 173 lbs. On my 6' frame that looked sick.

Mountain Dew
03-17-2005, 01:22
Yeah, agreed. The A.T. is difficult despite what some might say. I was a 232 lb. personal trainer, head of security at a dance club, and mixed martial arts fighter before I left for my 2003 hike and came home looking like the Nazi's had just gotten their hands on me for 7 months. Weighed in at 173 lbs. On my 6' frame that looked sick.

Sleepy the Arab
03-17-2005, 10:03
Ooh, this idea has me all excited! I would love to see another Redford and Newman pic. Maybe we can get a cameo of Russell Crowe playing Baltimore Jack. Sure, I know he wasn't mentioned in the book, but "facts" have never had a good record with "A Walk in the Woods."

I only mention this 'cause I know being connected with the book would cheese him off something awful. :banana

JLB
03-17-2005, 11:02
Katz was a real character,,and that's for sure.
When he whimpered that he didn't know how to set up his tent, and threw away his water bottles because they were to heavy. ....that was funny.

Skyline
03-17-2005, 11:38
I thought parts of it were good, and I thought parts of it were not so good. It is a funny read, but I would rather see Kelsy Grahmer as Bryson and John Goodman as Katz. Maybe they will get someone hot to play Jensine;)

Kelsey Grammer, John Goodman--that is brilliant casting! If John Candy was still with us, he'd be even more perfect for Katz but Goodman is cool.

Skyline
03-17-2005, 11:42
Sgt. Rock, I got a good laugh reading what you said about Kelsey Grahmer playing the part of Bryson. Noway. Grahmer is the gayest heterosexual male i've ever seen on tv... not to mention he isn't the least bit funny.

Actually, if you listen to the book on tape there is a definite similarity between Bryson's and Grammer's speech patterns and accents.

smokymtnsteve
03-17-2005, 11:58
a John Belushi/Dan Akroyd ..blues brothers AT adventure would be hilarious.

SGT Rock
03-17-2005, 12:03
Actually, if you listen to the book on tape there is a definite similarity between Bryson's and Grammer's speech patterns and accents.

I heard an interview with Bryson on NPR a few years back and that is where I got the idea. John Belushi would have made an even better Katz, but alas, he is no longer with us.

As to Mary Ellen, how about Rene Zellweger? She is good at changing body weight for pictures and could act annoying. Rosie O is so annoying in real life I don't think I could stand to watch her in a movie.

Oh, and how bout this: Martha Stewart as Jensine? Good way to bump up her career after prison! I mean, she could probably have the firewood tied off with a lovely ribbon and a garnish of flowers, mints on the beds at the bunkhouse, and serve chilly in a nice porcelain bowl at a set table.

I just think this project is beneath Redford and Neumann.

ed bell
03-17-2005, 12:28
"We're on a mission from God":sun

max patch
03-17-2005, 12:28
Oh, and how bout this: Martha Stewart as Jensine?

I still think Roseanne would be a *perfect* Jensine -- they're both very direct, don't take any crap from anyone, and have a big booming laugh.

With Martha Stewart as Jensine, however, you could have all of those "don't do this" notes in the cabins written in perfect calligraphy.

SGT Rock
03-17-2005, 12:34
With Martha Stewart as Jensine, however, you could have all of those "don't do this" notes in the cabins written in perfect calligraphy.
Now that would be funny! :p

Mags
03-17-2005, 15:35
BRYSON - Kellsey Grammer
KATZ - John Goodman
JENSINE - Rossane
Marry Ellen- Rene Zellweger ? fits the age! Can picture her playing a late twenties-early 30s women who is annoying

But what about Chicken John?

I picture a person mid-late 60s, thin, very spacey.

Any ideas?

SGT Rock
03-17-2005, 15:52
Christopher Lloyd?

Mountain Dew
03-17-2005, 16:57
I have heard the book on tape and the two do sound remotely alike. BUT, there is noway Kelsey Grammer could play an overweight straght character and have me believe it.

JoeHiker
03-17-2005, 18:16
He was in an earlier Bryson book, I forget which. But that, among other things, sometimes makes me think there may never have been a thru hike attempt, rather just another humerous travelogue.

Weary
That book was "Neither Here Nor There" and it was very good.

smokymtnsteve
03-17-2005, 18:28
BRYSON - Kellsey Grammer
KATZ - John Goodman
JENSINE - Rossane
Marry Ellen- Rene Zellweger ? fits the age! Can picture her playing a late twenties-early 30s women who is annoying

But what about Chicken John?

I picture a person mid-late 60s, thin, very spacey.

Any ideas?

Captan Kirk???

Hikerhead
03-17-2005, 21:55
I think we need to get Daisy Duke in this movie, along with the Duke Boys. Add a couple of pockets to Daisy's shorts (somewhere) and she'll be ready to go.

The start of the movie has them flying up Springer Mtn in the General Lee.

Enos could be Gizmo at Springer giving out the do's and don't of long distance hiking.

Boss Hog could play Uncle Johnie being all nasty to everyone in Irwin.

Then they could go get trapped in the smokies and get hypothermia while hiking in their jeans. (this is NOT a shot at the guys that just got rescued). Boss Hog's deputy Rosco could save the Duke boys by riding up the trail on his ATV.

Cooter could play Melvin, the crazy guy that picks up hikers in Pearisburg while also working at his garage there in town.

Uncle Jesse could play Fattman watching things at the Hikes Welcome hostel wondering about what's taking them so long to get there.

Daisy drops off the trail and ends up buying the store at Abol Bridge.

It's getting stupid.....Bye.

smokymtnsteve
03-17-2005, 22:01
I could picture Daisy in Damascus riding onthe Back of LW Harley

Hikerhead
03-17-2005, 22:07
Yeah!!! And then that hiker thief dude shows up in town in the General Lee that he stole from on top of Springer Mtn.

Rocks 'n Roots
03-17-2005, 22:14
Belushi already did a self-depreciatory outdoors clutz movie called 'Continental Divide'...

Jack Tarlin
03-18-2005, 00:39
Note to Rocks:

The words are "self-deprecatory" and "klutz." But thanks, anyway.

And I don't think this film will be made.....Paul Newman turned eighty at the end of January; he'd make as realistic a thru-hiker as Bryson, meaning not very.

As for more realistic casting:

I can't stand Kelsey Grammer and I think John Goodman would over-play Katz terribly.

Alternative ideas: William H. Macy ("Fargo", Seabiscuit")
as Bryson; Stephen Root (best known for playing Milton, the Swingline stapler guy in "Office Space") as Katz.

In the role of Mary Ellen: We need a large, bombastic, annoying, selfish, outspoken, greedy, crass, argumentative, shrill, carping, infuriating know-it-all:

A Star is Born: Hillary Clinton!

One positive thought: The resultant film might be so horrible, and would so accentuate the negative (heat, fatigue, snakes, thirst, bears, Deliverance dudes, etc.) that it might cause FEWER people to consider thru-hiking, and all in all, this would not necessarily be a bad thing at all).

Roll 'em!

Alligator
03-18-2005, 01:00
Stephen Root (best known for playing Milton, the Swingline stapler guy in "Office Space") as Katz.

He, he, he took my stapler. He was my favorite part of the movie.

SavageLlama
03-18-2005, 01:00
Newman and Redford. Hmm... this could be a really great film.

But the film's potential to cause overuse and abuse of the AT is definitely cause for concern.

Does the ATC have any kind of action plan to protect the trail if it suddenly receives a groundswell of massive popularity?

weary
03-18-2005, 09:27
[QUOTE] The words are "self-deprecatory" and "klutz."

Geez Jack, do you really want to go there? We're in real trouble if we start correcting spelling.

Weary

walkin' wally
03-18-2005, 09:45
[QUOTE=SavageLlama]
But the film's potential to cause overuse and abuse of the AT is definitely cause for concern. [quote]

I think that is what is important here. Of course, it is only potential at this point.

hikerjohnd
03-18-2005, 09:47
He, he, he took my stapler. He was my favorite part of the movie.
And you can buy the Milton office set from Hot Topic - it includes a red swingline stapler!

smokymtnsteve
03-18-2005, 09:48
U mean the AT isn't already overused???

walkin' wally
03-18-2005, 09:50
Well Steve maybe it is a question of proportion :D

smokymtnsteve
03-18-2005, 09:52
maybe so...during the spring "thru-hiker' season it's used all out of proportion.

walkin' wally
03-18-2005, 09:58
being loved to death?

show me the monkey
03-18-2005, 10:18
Note to Rocks:

The words are "self-deprecatory" and "klutz." But thanks, anyway.

And I don't think this film will be made.....Paul Newman turned eighty at the end of January; he'd make as realistic a thru-hiker as Bryson, meaning not very.

Roll 'em!Newman was recently interviewed and said that he will be doing one more film. Whether this is it or not, is anyone's guess.
I understand that you don't exactly like Bryson, but what exactly makes a realistic Thru-Hiker??????

MOWGLI
03-18-2005, 10:26
Newman was recently interviewed and said that he will be doing one more film. Whether this is it or not, is anyone's guess.
I understand that you don't exactly like Bryson, but what exactly makes a realistic Thru-Hiker??????

A thru-hiker smell like Limberger Cheese. I hear Paul Newman smells like Brie. :D

Alligator
03-18-2005, 12:59
And you can buy the Milton office set from Hot Topic - it includes a red swingline stapler!
Do you have a link? Does it come with matches and the little umbrellas? I'd buy two, one for my desk and one for my wife.

hikerjohnd
03-18-2005, 15:00
Do you have a link? Does it come with matches and the little umbrellas? I'd buy two, one for my desk and one for my wife.
I checked their website and it isn't there, but I have seen it in the mall. It comes with a Milton ID badge, the stapler, and two other things... that escapes me right now. I'll stop by Monday and see when I go to get pics developed. As I recall, the whole set was $10.

SGT Rock
03-18-2005, 17:40
I split off the BMT side issue that started here.

Hyway
03-18-2005, 18:03
I see Janeane Garofalo as Mary Ellen

Toolshed
03-19-2005, 12:06
....It is a funny read, but I would rather see Kelsy Grahmer as Bryson and John Goodman as Katz. Maybe they will get someone hot to play Jensine;)

Amen Sgt Rock - You should be a type caster in Hollywood.

DMA, 2000
03-20-2005, 23:26
I wonder who they'll get to play the old woman at the hotel in Hiawassee. Man, that was hilarious when Bryson compared her to a dog because of her dementia! Who can say they still don't get a chuckle over that one?

(That sort of **** is why I dislike the book. Bill "Real ****in' Classy" Bryson)

smokymtnsteve
03-20-2005, 23:32
EDIT / RATE / PRINT
I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I don’t have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry

Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em when they’re down
Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em all around

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who
Comes on at five
She can tell you ’bout the plane crash with a gleam
In her eye
It’s interesting when people die-
Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?
Is the head dead yet?
You know, the boys in the newsroom got a
Running bet
Get the widow on the set!
We need dirty laundry

You don’t really need to find out what’s going on
You don’t really want to know just how far it’s gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em when they’re up

Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em when they’re stiff
Kick ’em all around

Dirty little secrets
Dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers in everybody’s pie
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo
We can dance and sing
When it’s said and done we haven’t told you a thing
We all know that crap is king
Give us dirty laundry

Ridge
05-13-2005, 00:26
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,15243286%5E16947,00.html

Well here's the latest... a really good article. hikerwife