PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a section hiker in Georgia to leave, well, anytime.

Shovel
01-26-2012, 23:07
I'm new to the site. I'm 58 y.o., married and the father of 2 teenage daughters. I'm approx. 15 minutes from Spring and primarily hike alone when I'm not hiking with my 16 y.o. I'm retired ( early) and am flexible as far as hiking weekdays or weekend. It's always good to meet different people to hike with. Looking forward to meeting some of you .......

Mike

goldfinger
02-11-2012, 05:58
Hi Mike,

I'm 64 y/o, early retired from Israel. I'd like to start the trail from Springer Mt. around end of April / early May and looking for a partner for at least the first week (would be happy for more...) Been trekking in Israel, Nepal, Albania & Norway recently, and the Appalachian trail is the next big thing. Please contact me if that sounds suitable...

Thanks,
Itzhak

xcess
02-11-2012, 12:55
Hi Mike,Im looking to start the trail at springer somewhwere between the 15 of april and the 1st of may,so if your planning on some hikin around that time feel free to get in touch

gazerstar
02-13-2012, 10:05
Mike, Do you take-in strangers who start and get "weathered-off" the trail? *lol* I'm starting northbound from FSR 42 the morning of 28 Feb... Glen

Shovel
02-13-2012, 12:33
Mike, Do you take-in strangers who start and get "weathered-off" the trail? *lol* I'm starting northbound from FSR 42 the morning of 28 Feb... Glen

Ha ! Yeah, I'll take in a stay ! lol Sent you a p.m, Glen

Mike

Shovel
02-13-2012, 12:36
Hi Mike,Im looking to start the trail at springer somewhwere between the 15 of april and the 1st of may,so if your planning on some hikin around that time feel free to get in touch

Xcess, with a little "heads up" on the time frame, I'll be able to work that out. Check you mailbox for my contact info.

Mike

Shovel
02-13-2012, 12:39
Hi Mike,

I'm 64 y/o, early retired from Israel. I'd like to start the trail from Springer Mt. around end of April / early May and looking for a partner for at least the first week (would be happy for more...) Been trekking in Israel, Nepal, Albania & Norway recently, and the Appalachian trail is the next big thing. Please contact me if that sounds suitable...

Thanks,
Itzhak

Itzhak, Sent you a msg.

MIke

HiKen2011
02-13-2012, 12:47
What kind of sections you talking about? I may be interested!

Ken

beartripper
02-13-2012, 12:59
I would be interested in doing some sections on the AT. Let me know.

seadawg
02-16-2012, 14:54
Hi Mike,

I hike from Amicalola to Dick's Creek each year to meet hikers and perhaps be of some help as to water locations, good camping sites etc...and in general what's up ahead. I'm 64 and hike @7-12 miles per day. This year I'll be leaving from Amicalola on March 27th. Of course, if I were hiking with someone we could leave one car at Dick's Creek and the other at the Springer Mtn. parking lot, and avoid the Approach Trail altogether. I do the Approach Trail each year because its easier for my wife to drop me off there. If you are interested, pm me here or call me at 770-841-3185.

greigor
03-11-2012, 15:05
I'm planning to do Springer to Deep Gap April 8th to 16th. Should be about 7-12 miles/day. If you are interested in hiking together let me know... Greig

sellerle
04-10-2012, 20:59
Hi, I'm looking to hike wih someone starting in Georgia. My 11 year old son and I have never packed in , but would like to start. I can only do it on weekends due to work and his school. Would your daughter be going? Lesley