PDA

View Full Version : Gossamer Gear Minimalist Daypack

swjohnsey
01-27-2012, 11:38
Got my Gossamer Gear Minimalist daypack yesterday. Came in a padded envelope. Normal price $75, sale price $60. This is my first piece of gear from these folks.

Very well made. Not sure I like it, yet. It is just a flat bag about 14" x 23" with drawstring top with shoulder straps. It has a mesh pocket on the outside. The shoulder straps are very wide, about 3 1/4" with thin foam padding. It has adjustable sternum strap. One of the plastic buckles is an emergency whistle. The end of the shoulder strap adjuster doubles as the wasist strap. I had to turn the buckles around to get it to lay flat but it works. I doesn't sit at your waist but it does the job of keeping the pack in place. It has a mesh panel on the back that contains a thin (1/8") foam pad. It weights in at 9 ounces.

This pack folds really flat and small.

CenAZwalker
12-02-2012, 14:59
I'm considering purchasing one of these. Now that you have had it for a while,what is your impression. I'm a bit weary of the wide shoulder straps and the height of 23" seems a bit more than I would need. A RikSak would probably work fine for me but I like the extra features on the minimalist. I have been searching online for a photo of how small this will fold/roll up but haven't been able to find anything.