PDA

View Full Version : anyone now planning a flip starting mid-may 2012?

Pages
01-28-2012, 11:04
harpers to maine; harpers to georgia?

this will most probably be my itinerary. curious if anyone else is planning somewhat the same now that season is getting closer.

thanks.

TV

Megapixel
01-28-2012, 11:24
BAsed on my experience, you are definitely starting this at the right time - date wise. Curious though as to your reasons behind this decision?

birdygal
01-28-2012, 11:57
I plan on flipping due to not having the funds to hike the whole trail but will start springer go north and then flip to Katadin and go South

Pages
01-28-2012, 12:58
BAsed on my experience, you are definitely starting this at the right time - date wise. Curious though as to your reasons behind this decision?

can't start until mid-may

TV

ckwolf
01-28-2012, 13:47
Hey TV, I am thinking to start at Waynesboro, VA north to Katahdin then Waynesboro to Springer, similar to your plans but a couple weeks to 1 month earlier. Want to hit the swimming holes in New England before it is cold but after the blackflies, and Waynesboro is closest starting point to home for me now. Also think it practical to get in shape on the trail in the Shenandoahs.

RWheeler
01-28-2012, 16:52
I'm starting at Springer in late-April and will hike north. I hope to be able to end at Katahdin, but based on timing, I may need to do a flip, in which case I'd likely make the check-point in CT somewhere. Make it easier for myself.