PDA

View Full Version : REI Garage Sale Aftermath

RWheeler
01-28-2012, 17:09
The REI closest to me had their garage sale today, and I made out pretty darn well.

Big Agnes Insulated Air Core pad (regular length) with full repair kit for $30.

Two pairs of Superfeet insoles for $8 total, one green size G, one orange size E

Pair of Merrell Moab shoes and Vans Veil snowboard boots for my girlfriend for $20 and $40, respectively.

A Black Diamond Gizmo for $10 which was labeled as not working, but I opened it, realized the batteries were in backwards, tested it, and it worked fine.

Huzzah! :banana

Rozz
01-28-2012, 17:31
Good deal. I just picked up a BA IAC for full price. Like your price better! ;)

RWheeler
01-28-2012, 17:33
I was really hoping to get a sleeping bag liner, but the only one I saw, someone had grabbed just before me. Saw the air pad and figured it should work for extending the temp rating a bit more on my bag. I may end up trying to trade it for a bag liner, though. But then again, I may just make my own out of silk.

Sevsa
01-29-2012, 16:48
Got a nice pair of mittens, long sleeve coolmax shirt, wicking socks and a travel pillow. Total $48

Ohio Grown
01-29-2012, 17:23
Last year got a Mountain Hardware Phantom 45 and a 32 in great shape. $99 and $150. Also some prefect black diamond trekking poles for $17

jakedatc
01-29-2012, 21:19
I was really hoping to get a sleeping bag liner, but the only one I saw, someone had grabbed just before me. Saw the air pad and figured it should work for extending the temp rating a bit more on my bag. I may end up trying to trade it for a bag liner, though. But then again, I may just make my own out of silk.

i'd be tempted to make that trade.. i got a microfiber sleeping bag liner last one in RI

Sailing_Faith
01-29-2012, 22:22
Those with access to an REI ought to be thankful. The nearest one to me is 6 hours and 2 states away... :(

Around here, their idea of 'outdoors' is either where you dump your old sofa, or where you go to kill something for dinner...

Ktaadn
01-30-2012, 12:56
I got a pair of Black Diamond fleece gloves, a pair of liner gloves, a patgonia midweight hooded pullover, and Mountain Hardwear gaitors for $46.

double d
01-30-2012, 13:04
Congrasts, you can never go wrong with REI!

Gray Blazer
01-30-2012, 15:02
Those with access to an REI ought to be thankful. The nearest one to me is 6 hours and 2 states away... :(

Around here, their idea of 'outdoors' is either where you dump your old sofa, or where you go to kill something for dinner...

That's because you live in LA.

RetroGear
01-30-2012, 16:03

Oh, I am. When they opened the first REI in Atlanta, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Since then that store has doubled in size and they've added 3 more. But Seattle has to be gear store heaven.

un panda
02-03-2012, 12:35
love the scratch and dents. got a brand new arcteryx theta for $43 b/c it was too small and just picked up my osprey aether 70 brand new for 45 b/c it was too heavy for the person. Plus countless other stuff for super cheap. I live close to atlanta so i have 2 rei within 20 mins and 2 more within 45 mins. I don't even wake up early to get there in the mornigns anymore. i'll get there when they first open and just wait around for people to decide they dont' want things and put them back. Found some of my best deals that way. Plus if you wait long enough some of the stuff will get marked down even more. REI is a top notch establishment in my book.

Old Hiker
02-03-2012, 12:40
[QUOTE=Sailing_Faith;1246259]Those with access to an REI ought to be thankful. The nearest one to me is 6 hours and 2 states away... :(

................................QUOTE]

*SIGH* Must be nice. I agree, Sailing Faith.