PDA

View Full Version : Because the Red Sox won the Series...

Youngblood
03-17-2005, 00:30
They reblazed the MA section of the AT with red blazes.

Mountain Dew
03-17-2005, 00:32
Nah, That would happen in PA because Billville hikers do so much trail magic there. :sun

UCONNMike
03-17-2005, 00:46
They reblazed the MA section of the AT with red blazes.
Friggin' wicked awesome! Go Sox....but seriously, is it true the painted the blazes red?

Mountain Dew
03-17-2005, 00:57
Uconnmike, I have this new backpack that weighs -3 pounds that I'll sell you for 100 bucks. Deal ?

UCONNMike
03-17-2005, 01:01
Uconnmike, I have this new backpack that weighs -3 pounds that I'll sell you for 100 bucks. Deal ?
SOLD!!! but what is the shipping on -3 pounds?

RITBlake
03-17-2005, 01:07
unlike some connecticut pussies which like the yankees!

Ahh yes, the typical Masshole. Nice grammar stupid. I'm from CT and I know more Red Sox fans then NYY fans. Pussies you say! anytime anywhere you want Semper Fi USMC

Mountain Dew
03-17-2005, 01:16
Hey Blake..i thought you were a college student. What's the deal with Semper Fi ? :-?

RITBlake
03-17-2005, 01:22
Dude, *** does this mean??
I'm just talking some ****, that's all. No need to be a dickhead about it.
Are you USMC?? I thought you were a college student?
I guess it depends on the area of CT where you live. I dunno where cheshire is, but new haven is yankees area! I also know some hartfordians who are yankees fans.

woh!!! I'm not trying to be a dick at all. Just talking my own **** and defending my state! Anyway I apologize, it wasn't meant to be serious. It's all in good fun!

Yah, Connecticut seems to be split right down the middle. The Italian/Jewish parts seem to be yank fans while the micks like me stay loyal to Beantown.

Hey Boston, where were you when they won the W.S.? I was 15 feet away from Fenway, it was beautiful.

Yes, I'm a college student and I went through Officer Candidate School last year and will be a commissioned 2nd Lt. upon grad.

Mountain Dew
03-17-2005, 01:24
Yeah, agreed. The A.T. is difficult despite what some might say. I was a 232 lb. personal trainer, head of security at a dance club, and mixed martial arts fighter before I left for my 2003 hike and came home looking like the Nazi's had just gotten their hands on me for 7 months. Weighed in at 173 lbs. On my 6' frame that looked sick.

RITBlake
03-17-2005, 01:32
Yeah, agreed. The A.T. is difficult despite what some might say. I was a 232 lb. personal trainer, head of security at a dance club, and mixed martial arts fighter before I left for my 2003 hike and came home looking like the Nazi's had just gotten their hands on me for 7 months. Weighed in at 173 lbs. On my 6' frame that looked sick.

I think I remember reading this exact same post somewhere else. Oh well, chalk it up to dejavu :datz

UCONNMike
03-17-2005, 01:34
I think I remember reading this exact same post somewhere else. Oh well, chalk it up to dejavu :datz
He's padding his career stats! He's making a push for number 600! the records are tainted...

RITBlake
03-17-2005, 01:36
He's padding his career stats! He's making a push for number 600! the records are tainted...

This guy must be on the juice. We'll have to put an * asterisk next to that 600th post

UCONNMike
03-17-2005, 01:41
This guy must be on the juice. We'll have to put an * asterisk next to that 600th post
It's a shame this kinda thing has to happen, I mean what kind of an example does it send to the young posters out there. There have already been reports of dejavu posts amoung high schoolers across teh country, they really should add him to the list of posters to be subpoenaed to speak in front of the national commitee on posting.

bannister
03-17-2005, 01:44
You all can have fun joking about your super season (Red Sox fans), and about your super team (Yank's fans), but you both better watch out for us next season...Go Cubbies!!

bannister

RITBlake
03-17-2005, 01:45
It's a shame this kinda thing has to happen, I mean what kind of an example does it send to the young posters out there. There have already been reports of dejavu posts amoung high schoolers across teh country, they really should add him to the list of posters to be subpoenaed to speak in front of the national commitee on posting.

You're right Mike, just think it was only a year ago that this guy was winning webgems left and right and now hes caught up in this dejavu post controversey. You have to wonder, how is this going to effect his performance in the field.

RITBlake
03-17-2005, 01:47
You all can have fun joking about your super season (Red Sox fans), and about your super team (Yank's fans), but you both better watch out for us next season...Go Cubbies!!

bannister

Didn't the cubs just lose two of their starting pitchers in spring training?? I def could be wrong I wasn't really paying attention to sportscenter last night but thats what I thought I heard.

Rocks 'n Roots
03-17-2005, 04:42
Just saw Manny and Ortiz hit back to backers from 35 feet feet away behind home plate...

MOWGLI
03-17-2005, 07:29
Didn't the cubs just lose two of their starting pitchers in spring training?? Mark Prior and Kerry Wood are both injured. Prior is out indefinitely with a sore elbow.

Youngblood
03-17-2005, 10:35
To show he was a good sport and because he though that the Cub fans over reacted to the infamous playoff incident, Yankees owner George Steinbrenner personally bought season tickets along the front row for Steve Bartman... in Fenway Park.

hawkeye
03-17-2005, 10:56
Because the Pats won the Superbowl, Mr. Kraft is stocking all the shealters in New England with Mac & cheeze.

Youngblood
03-17-2005, 12:41
I haven't forgotten the Patriots, but the Red Sox's win was even more special because even the Sox fans didn't think it was possible.

MOWGLI
03-17-2005, 12:58
I haven't forgotten the Patriots, but the Red Sox's win was even more special because even the Sox fans didn't think it was possible.

As a Yankee fan, I take my hat off to the Sox. I was hoping that the Yanks would keep their cleat on the throat of the Sox for my lifetime, but I'm happy for all the Sox fans - especially the aging ones who thought this wouldn't happen in their lifetime.

2005 is a new season though... I just got my XM Satellite Radio so I can listen to ALL the games on the radio.

Mountain Dew
03-17-2005, 15:02
Funny stuff guys..... :jump

Park Ranger, " Sir, we are gonna have to check your hiking pole to see if it is corked".... :p

Mags
03-17-2005, 15:18
As a Yankee fan, I take my hat off to the Sox. I was hoping that the Yanks would keep their cleat on the throat of the Sox for my lifetime, but I'm happy for all the Sox fans - especially the aging ones who thought this wouldn't happen in their lifetime.

My maternal grandfather was a huge Sox fan.

Still remember when I went to Fenway with my cousin, my uncle and my grandfather. At the time I was 8 yrs old, had two front teeth missing and had a black eye from a Little Leauge accident. Also had ice cream all over my face! With my Red Sox hat, black eye, missing front teeth and face full of ice cream -and seeing the game with Grandpa, it certainly looked like something ouf of a Nomran Rockwell painting.

My uncle STILL talks about that day over 20 yrs later! :)

My grandfather passed away six years ago. Think he would have been quite happy to see his Sox win the World Series. Though I do not follow sports all that much, seeing the Red Sox win the series was a good moment for me. And it made me wish my grandfather was here to see it all.

Mountain Dew
03-18-2005, 01:07
On my thru-hike in 2003 A friend who had dropped off of the A.T. came to get me from the trail to attend a RedSox game. There I stood..... Zip off pants, Hiker wicking shirt, trail shoes, and camo round brim hat at Fenway Park. Great seats might I mention.

I was amazed at all the homeless people outside the stadium begging for change and even more amazed that the city let this go on. At the gate we entered stood security guards ,cops, metal detectors, and people with handheld metal detectors. I instantly felt like I was at a European soccer riot..oops I mean game. People also seemed to be dressed to the nines for the game.

Being a Texas Ranger season ticket holder I was in shock at this point. In Texas people dress casual and there is no need for metal detectors or such high visibility of police officers. In the end I had a great time and the Sox won. The food wasn't bad either. Goodtimes.....

Jack Tarlin
03-18-2005, 01:56
Geez, Dew, sorry you were upset about our safety measures. Then again, perhaps they were only taking precautions because they heard there were going to be a few extra Texans in attendance.
And sorry about the panhandlers and bums, but what are you gonna do? If this is the only way Southbounders can get in to see the Sox, well so be it. Not their fault that ticket prices went up again. And God knows there are worse things they could spend their money on..... Gregory Z-Packs, North Face tents, Michael Moore DVD's, whatever. So go easy on these poor souls. At least once in the course of six months, they're heading in the right direction, and that direction, of course, leads to Boston.
Finally, tho, I'm glad you has a good time and that the home team won. That's how it should be.
Now you only need to remember three things:

*Jeter is over-rated.
*A-Rod is a candy-ass.
*The Yankees are indeed the most monumental
chokehounds in the history of American professional
athletics, and need to be reminded of this regularly.

Oh, maybe a fourth thing: Glad you enjoyed the cuisine, but geez, Dew, nobody and I mean NOBODY goes to Fenway for the food. What were you thinking????

And by the way, when are you people gonna get off your asses and elect Nolan Ryan as Governor? He's GOT to be better than the last guy you sent to Austin.

Mountain Dew
03-18-2005, 02:28
hahahaa Funny Jack. I loved Fenway ! "Nobody goes to Fenway for the food" .... BS, a thru-hiker does ! I ate everything in sight. Nolan Ryan as Governor ? lol...time my friend time. He's busy amassing his millions before he goes ahead and wins that election. These days it takes a persons own money in addition to campaign $ to win as Governor. He owns two minor league teams, two cattle ranches, numerous banks, and makes millions in endorsements every year. He'd win in a landslide. In my opinion he'd make the best Governor of any state in the past 30 years. If a popularity poll was taken in Texas between him and Bush..... Ryan would win 80% to 20%.

Nightwalker
03-18-2005, 03:58
*Jeter is over-rated.
*A-Rod is a candy-ass.
*The Yankees are indeed the most monumental
chokehounds in the history of American professional
athletics, and need to be reminded of this regularly.The only reason to pull against the Yanks is Steinbrenner, even though the above is probably true.

Oh, maybe a fourth thing: Glad you enjoyed the cuisine, but geez, Dew, nobody and I mean NOBODY goes to Fenway for the food. What were you thinking????
By that time, the cardboard around the popcorn would have tasted good to him!

:D

Youngblood
03-18-2005, 08:51
Oh, maybe a fourth thing: Glad you enjoyed the cuisine, but geez, Dew, nobody and I mean NOBODY goes to Fenway for the food. What were you thinking????Jack, how about this for the fourth thing: you can finish second to the Yankees in the AL East and still be World Champs... kinda like blue blazing? :datz (Had to try, after all this is in Hiking Humor).

Youngblood

MOWGLI
03-18-2005, 09:46
Jack, how about this for the fourth thing: you can finish second to the Yankees in the AL East and still be World Champs...
Youngblood

Youngblood:

Until the Sox win 26 more World Series Championships, they will always play second fiddle to the Yankees.

Only 2.5 more weeks til opening day.

Peaks
03-18-2005, 09:49

Just proves that thru-hikers will eat anything.

RITBlake
03-18-2005, 14:48
Youngblood:

Until the Sox win 26 more World Series Championships, they will always play second fiddle to the Yankees.

Only 2.5 more weeks til opening day.'

Until the Yanks start building real TEAMS they will always be just a ridiculus collection of All-stars and hall of famers. Yah its nice to have all the best players but if they can't play like a team they end up getting embarrassed by a bunch of idiots like Mueller, Cabrera, and Damon.....at home...ouch.

For red sox fans was there a better feeling then watching all those pompus yankee fans at 'the toilet' sqiurming and shifting in their seats as their season fell apart?

It's hard to blame King George though, if I had the money and was putting together a baseball team it would be hard to not to try and pick up the 'best' players. But the Diamondbacks, the Marlins and the Sox seemed to have figured the Yanks out. I think superior pitching played a role in all of these games.

But you can have your 26 world series wins because they are all monumentally overshadowed by the the biggest CHOKE in sports history. An open wound which will linger forever. :)

Jester2000
03-18-2005, 17:19
*Jeter is over-rated.

Whoa! For a second there I thought you said JESTER is over-rated. Then I realized that no one would ever say that.

MOWGLI
03-18-2005, 17:53
'

Until the Yanks start building real TEAMS they will always be just a ridiculus collection of All-stars and hall of famers.

Blake, you're just a young pup, so I can forgive your ignorance of history. A couple of things.

I have been a Yankee fans since about 1970. The team was terrible back then. Attendance was low. Steinbrenner bought the team from CBS for $20 Million, and by 1977 had turned the franchise around and they won their first championship since the early 60s. They repeated again in '78 and then had to wait nearly 20 years - until 1996 to win again. The 80s were some mighty lean years. Remember - Don Mattingly never won a World Series.

When they did win again in '96, '98, '99 & '00, they did so with a team that was more home grown than any championship team in recent memory. Posada catching, Pettite pitching, Jeter at SS, Bernie in CF, Rivera as the stopper. Soriano was another home grown prospect. Name me one team with that much home grown talent in the majors? Save yourself some time. You can't do it.

Furthermore, Steinbrenner, for all his warts, makes money for EVERYBODY. The Yanks draw crowds wherever they go. Those fannies paid to sit there. They eat hot dogs and drink beers. Steinbrenner took a losing team, marketed their winning tradition, and turned them into the most valuable sports franchise in the US - maybe the world. He's pissed me off more times than I can count, but he's a smart businessman.

Anyway... I can't wait til opening day. Hope springs eternal...

Youngblood
03-18-2005, 18:04
Hey Little Bear... how can we have a "Hiking Humor" -- "Because the Red Sox won the Series" thread without taking a shot at the Yankees every now and then. The history of the Red Sox, the World Champsionship and the Yankees are hard to seperate.

Youngblood

P.S. BTW, what was your favorite MLB... I forgot? :rolleyes:

MOWGLI
03-18-2005, 18:10
Every dog has his day. :D Says Johnny Damon, "woof woof."

Slimer
03-18-2005, 22:04
Johnny Damon for President!.......................or maybe Keith Richards.

Mountain Dew
03-18-2005, 22:54
Jester....pretty funny ... :clap

Mow, "Name me one team with that much home grown talent in the majors? Save yourself some time. You can't do it." --- I agree with everything you said about the Yanks for the most part except this comment. You didn't say championship teams when you said said that quote so I'll challange you on this matter. The Texas Rangers currently have a very large amount of players that are home grown. Kevin Mench, Mark Texeira, Hank Blalock, Kenny Rogers, Gerald Laird, Chris Young, Lance Nix, R.A. Dickey, and several others that might make tis years team for the first time out of spring training. That totals 8 !!!

lumpy
03-18-2005, 23:11
MOWGLI16

Only ONE Championship and the Boston Fans are the only ones who have EVER won a world series (note: small case letters) do wonder. I'm not a fan of bassbales, oh I'm sorry is that Lager Ball or the Boston Tea Squares? I think they should change their name to the "Boston Liberals", as they all have raunchy, smelly socks.

Mountain Dew
03-18-2005, 23:19
Personally I don't dislike the RedSox or Yanks as a whole. Steinbrenner , Yeah I dislike him alot. The current Yankees team isn't exactly my favorite either. When they were rattling off WS rings a few years ago i like the team they had for the most part. Rivera....nice guy, Sierra, nice guy.... Williams, nice guy, etc.... Arod will do to that team what a 80 lb pack does to a hiker.

RITBlake
03-18-2005, 23:51
When they did win again in '96, '98, '99 & '00, they did so with a team that was more home grown than any championship team in recent memory. Posada catching, Pettite pitching, Jeter at SS, Bernie in CF, Rivera as the stopper. Soriano was another home grown prospect. Name me one team with that much home grown talent in the majors? Save yourself some time. You can't do it.

I couldn't agree more. But would you agree that since 00' the yankees have never recaptured that amazing team...chemistry and flair? I don't know if those are the right words but to me it seems that they have gone from team building to all-star team building which just doesn't work.

RITBlake
03-18-2005, 23:57
MOWGLI16

Only ONE Championship and the Boston Fans are the only ones who have EVER won a world series (note: small case letters) do wonder. I'm not a fan of bassbales, oh I'm sorry is that Lager Ball or the Boston Tea Squares? I think they should change their name to the "Boston Liberals", as they all have raunchy, smelly socks.
please don't ruin perfectly good baseball chatter with useless posts like this