PDA

View Full Version : Rock Fish Gap to Thorton Gap 4/7-4/14

The Big J
01-31-2012, 10:33
Looking to section hike Rock Fish Gap to Thorton Gap in early April. Was looking at past post, how is the water availability through this section? Parking options and shuttle options. It will be two of us maybe three. Is There anywhere to resupply near the trail buy Swift Gap run. Do not really want to go into Elkton. From what I have read it does not look like Big Meadows store would be open for resupply. If I have to carry food for the whole trip I will.

johnnybgood
01-31-2012, 18:10
The Wayside at Big Meadows will be opening March 23rd and the campstore at Lewis Mountain opens April 6th.
With that being said, I will tell you that there will be more variety in food options at the Wayside at Big Meadows.

Water availability through the cental district isn't the issue it is in the southern district. My recommendation would be to post again closer to your posted start date,maybe then a better summation on water sources can be made.

In regards to shuttles I'd suggest using the AT shuttle list at www.applachiantrail.org/transportation (http://www.applachiantrail.org/transportation).