PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Kit

GlassSunrise413
02-01-2012, 15:10
Hey All....

I've got all of my first aid supplies together, now wondering what is the best container (bag, dry bag, box etc.) to carry it in? Does it need to be waterproof if I already have a pack cover?

lemon b
02-01-2012, 15:28
Lately and hopefully it goes to nothing. I carry an injection piece and interferon & ribavirin. On Ice. Other then that a couple bandaids.

Doctari
02-01-2012, 15:43
My first aid kit is in TWO zip locks. One inside the other.
I have found that water has a way of, lets say "avoiding" almost any pack covers. So everything I own is in something waterproof, then I leave the pack cover at home.
"I know my pack is waterproof, it stopped raining 4 hours ago & there is still 3 inches of water in the bottom of my pack!" LOL

Pathfinder1
02-01-2012, 16:30
Hi...

Doctari's method is a good one. In addition to my own made-up first aid kit, I also carry a small trauma kit...QuikClot...bloodstopper gauze...etc., which already comes in a waterproof pouch.

Will you be afloat, fording streams, etc.? If so, you might want to consider keeping other items in waterproof containers...like socks, for one example.

moocow
02-01-2012, 16:52
ziplock bag inside another ziplock bag. cheap. light. if one tears and you need another one, well they come in a box of like 50 so have at it.

Spokes
02-01-2012, 16:57
Put your first aid stuff in a quart size Freezer Ziplock. That's what thru hiking is...... Learning to live out of ziplock bags.