PDA

View Full Version : campmor down bags

Grinder
02-02-2012, 21:32
I just checked the new catalog and there is no listing for the famous campmor brand down sleeping bag.
I also went to online site and couldn't find a listing.

Is this icon of value down bags gone forever??

leaftye
02-02-2012, 21:41
The Kelty bags are just as cheap or cheaper. Unless Campmor has making a bigger profit off of their own bags, I don't see how they could justify selling both.

moytoy
02-02-2012, 22:28
I noticed Campmor had dropped their rectangular down bag about 6 months ago. Must have phased out their entire line of bags. Leafty may be correct about the profit margin not being enough to justify keeping the line. You never know it might have been a contract deal with Kelty that doomed the Campmor bags.

lunatic
02-03-2012, 15:55
I called them a couple months ago when I was trying to buy one, and they said the factory where the bags were made had closed and they couldn't find another one to make them at the same quality/price. ugh. I loved my old one, but it had to be put to rest. Made it through a thru hike and an additional 1000 miles.

max patch
02-03-2012, 16:22
I talked to them a couple months ago also and was told that they hoped to have new models out this spring.

They've sold so many I'd be shocked if they don't enter into an arrangement with somebody to produce the bag.

Ender
02-03-2012, 16:39
I just recently noticed that too. I hope they can find a replacement factory, those bags are icons.

Tinker
02-03-2012, 16:59
A satellite company called Thaw used to make bags for REI (and EMS, too, I think). I don't know if they're still around, owned by REI, or what has happened to them since the early 1990s.