PDA

View Full Version : Frogg Toggs "The Toad Pack" Backpack Cover

JustADude
02-04-2012, 22:19
Any one have any experience with the Frogg Toggs "The Toad Pack"?

Just curious about the experience and also about the sizing.

http://www.froggtoggs.com/#outerwear/accessory/TP111/

I have a Deuter ACT Lite 65+ pack, so curious what would be the suggested size (I'm thinking small, but they suggested medium so I'm just curious):

Small Toad Pack™
ideal for 30 - 50 lb packs
only weighs 64g/2.24 oz

Medium Toad Pack™
ideal for 50 - 70 lb packs
only weighs 92g/2.88 oz

Large Toad Pack™
ideal for 70 - 95 lb packs
only weighs 100g/3.52 oz

swjohnsey
02-05-2012, 14:59
No experience with the pack cover, but experience with Frogg Toggs. The material is not as durable as the woven material most other pack covers are made from. Pack cover will take a beating. Seems awful high considering you can get a set of Driducks for about $20 and a poncho for $13.

JustADude
02-05-2012, 16:14
No experience with the pack cover, but experience with Frogg Toggs. The material is not as durable as the woven material most other pack covers are made from. Pack cover will take a beating. Seems awful high considering you can get a set of Driducks for about $20 and a poncho for $13.

Got it. Any chance you can recommend a good alternative?

Thanks much.

swjohnsey
02-05-2012, 17:19
You can get one at Walmart for about $10. The one I am using is by ULA, about $30, I think but lighter. Someone makes 'em out of Cuben, also.

rsmout
02-05-2012, 21:56
The sizing is dubious. You can be carrying a daypack full of lead bricks and Frogg Toggs would have you believe you need a large pack cover. With a 65+ pack, the volume would make me believe a medium would suffice. Deuters pack tall, so maybe a large on the outside.