PDA

View Full Version : Enertia Trail Foods

Sierra Echo
02-08-2012, 19:27
Has anyone tried any of the following?:

Mountain Morning Oatmeal, Pinnacle Pasta, Switchback Shells, Very Veggie Soup, Three Cheese Mac., or Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding??

If I'm not mistaken, this is the same company that made Max Patch Mac and Cheese (under coleman label now) and that was some horrific stuff!

daddytwosticks
02-09-2012, 08:23
I believe it's the same company. I tried the pasta and though it was very good. I also enjoyed the Mac and Cheese (with liberal amounts of added hot sauce) and though it was good also. I like the fact that I can pop into Walmart right before a trip and pick some up. Walmart also stocks Mountain House in my area. Don't have a big appetite on my short hikes so I could never finish a two serving Mountain House meal. :)

dshideler
02-09-2012, 08:44
I've had a couple of the ones under the Coleman label and they were very good. I haven't had any of the flavors you mention.

lemon b
02-09-2012, 11:58
I'll eat Coleman but find them lacking

GlazeDog
02-09-2012, 15:28
It seemed to me that the Max patch was the same. But it had been awhile between eating them under different labels. I still enjoyed it, either way.

Deer Hunter
02-09-2012, 16:50
I tried the Enertia food once. I was very disappointed. It was all I had for the weekend so I forced it down. I went back to Mountain House.

Sierra Echo
02-09-2012, 16:52
I like Mountain Houses Mac and Cheese, but I can't eat it all. And I don't want to pack out a mushy mess! Enertias are a lot smaller, but damn I hated that max patch mac and cheese. *gag*

WingedMonkey
02-09-2012, 17:10
The primary difference in Mountain House and Enertia/Coleman is that the MH meals are freeze dried and the Enerta are dehydrated.
Makes a difference in cost, storage life and taste.
I rarely use either, usually when there are gifts.

generoll
02-09-2012, 18:51
I like some of the Enertia foods, but the Mac and Cheese isn't one of them. I think my favorite is the Rainier Rice.