PDA

View Full Version : Vivobarefoot Water Shoes

moof53
02-08-2012, 23:56
Been keeping my eye out for a light camp/water shoe to use during my hike next year. I found some info in a post regarding a shoe by Vivobarefoot at www.vivobarefoot.com. The "Mens Ultra" was described as a light shoe, similar to Crocks but including a removable liner that adds protection to the sole of the foot and weighing less than a pound for the pair. I read some reviews and decided to pickup a pair.

Got them today and I have to say I think they will be great. They are light, even with the removable liner, protect the foot very well, especially the toe and are very comfortable. Anyone wanting a shoe to double as a camp shoe and a stream crossing shoe might want to take a look. The only thing you have to be careful of is the sizing as the lining fits small. They only come in even sizes and since I wear a size 10 boot I got a European size 44 which is an 11 in US sizes. It will be a little loose without the liner but fits well with the liner. I look forward to testing them this summer at the Grand Canyon and Yosemite.

dalemc
02-09-2012, 13:16
Nice!! thanks for sharing. look forward to hearing more....