PDA

View Full Version : NeoAir on sale for $80 at Campmor

stranger
02-09-2012, 00:42
Size small, 18 left...only $80 (old model) Was $130

leaftye
02-09-2012, 00:51
Ah, I thought (hoped) it was the regular size for $80.

solitarybliss
02-09-2012, 07:08
Also, don't forget to click through Mr Rebates to get an extra 6% off on top of the sale!
6% rebate off Campmor at Mr Rebates (http://bit.ly/tHUqVx)

dalemc
02-09-2012, 13:18
thanks for the post! Still trying to decide whether or not the xlite will be worth the extra money.... thoughts?

stranger
02-09-2012, 18:47
I got the old model cause I prefer the square shape, easier to deflate and roll up, is it worth it? $50 for 1 ounce?

stranger
02-09-2012, 18:48
Ah, I thought (hoped) it was the regular size for $80.

Why I said size small :)

dalemc
02-09-2012, 20:24
I got the old model cause I prefer the square shape, easier to deflate and roll up, is it worth it? $50 for 1 ounce?

The xlite also has a higher r-value

STICK
02-09-2012, 22:23

I agree with you on the shape. I much prefer a rectangular cut pad over a mummy style pad.

I have been wanting to get an All-Season to use as my winter pad, although, today an idea hit me about the xtherm. I imagine that even the large size in a mummy cut would be just as big as my regular size rectangular pad, and probably even a little bigger at the torso area. Of course there is a weight penalty. A regular size All Season weighs 19 oz, where as the large size xtherm weighs 3 oz more at 22 oz, however, the xtherm has a higher R-Value (4.9 vs 5.7).

Anyway, this thread is not about that so...

That is a good deal, makes me wish I had the $80 to blow on it... It would make a great pad for my 10 year old son. Oh well...I have a feeling that we just may start seeing more deals on the regular Neo's now that all of these other versions are coming out. I just hope that they keep the classic version around though...

stranger
02-10-2012, 07:14
The xlite also has a higher r-value

If I was concerned with R Value I wouldnt' be taking a NeoAir, I don't trust any R Value on a air mattress with no foam, I'm buying this purely for summer.

skinewmexico
02-10-2012, 10:53
BPL tested inflatable pads, and I think the Neoair was pretty accurate on R-values. $80? That's what I paid for my regular sized Exped Synmat 7 UL, shipped from New Zealand!

Singletrack
02-10-2012, 12:03
BPL tested inflatable pads, and I think the Neoair was pretty accurate on R-values. $80? That's what I paid for my regular sized Exped Synmat 7 UL, shipped from New Zealand!
Thermarest is made in Seattle, Washington. I think the Exped's are made in Germany.

dalemc
02-10-2012, 17:20
If I was concerned with R Value I wouldnt' be taking a NeoAir, I don't trust any R Value on a air mattress with no foam, I'm buying this purely for summer.

One can put a CCF pad under the neoair in colder weather and sill have the comfort of the neoair. I figured a higher R-value could take you a little colder before carrying the extra pad. But yeah, not sure it is worth the $50!

Tinker
02-10-2012, 18:03
One can put a CCF pad under the neoair in colder weather and sill have the comfort of the neoair. I figured a higher R-value could take you a little colder before carrying the extra pad. But yeah, not sure it is worth the $50!

Put the pad on top of the mattress and it will be warmer. The mattress on top allows warm body air to exchange with colder air from the sides and bottom (remember, the ccf pad doesn't create heat, it just holds it). The closer it is to the body, the better it will be at retaining heat, and it will not be heating a bunch of empty air space (in the pad). Cushion-wise, it doesn't matter whether the air in the NeoAir is warm or cool if the ccf pad is between it and you.
I've used this method with a Big Agnes Air Core Mummy pad. Science and experience. :)

scope
02-10-2012, 18:26
REI was phasing the old Neo's out. You can find them on clearance in the store, about the same sort of deal.

AndyB
02-10-2012, 18:47
I was eyeing these but my wallet went ultra light just ahead of my pack. Updating all my gear has been a spendy undertaking

10-K
02-10-2012, 18:50

That last pound cost $$$$$$$.... :)

slow
02-10-2012, 21:24
I jut got the lg in the mail today for 88$ with free shipping from backwoods.com.They had a sale of 50% off all last week.

tuswm
02-10-2012, 22:01
isnt exped made in canada

hunter121
02-10-2012, 23:16
good point! i agree with your!the information I’m sending it to some friends!
http://www.primeaffiliate.com/track/images/20.creation.jpg
http://www.canadablackberry.com/imgs/images/2.tod.gif

jjimen16
02-11-2012, 01:15
I jut got the lg in the mail today for 88$ with free shipping from backwoods.com.They had a sale of 50% off all last week.

I wish I knew this!

dalemc
02-12-2012, 22:51
Put the pad on top of the mattress and it will be warmer. The mattress on top allows warm body air to exchange with colder air from the sides and bottom (remember, the ccf pad doesn't create heat, it just holds it). The closer it is to the body, the better it will be at retaining heat, and it will not be heating a bunch of empty air space (in the pad). Cushion-wise, it doesn't matter whether the air in the NeoAir is warm or cool if the ccf pad is between it and you.
I've used this method with a Big Agnes Air Core Mummy pad. Science and experience. :) Thanks Tinker! Great info.

JohnEbner
02-15-2012, 20:04
That was a good deal backwoods had going. You had to be quick to get in on it though or your order would go through only to find out they were out of stock.