PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Trail Community Ambassador Program

Miss Janet
02-09-2012, 13:36
Hello WHITEBLAZE members and old trail friends. I just wanted to take a moment to share a little about this exciting new Appalachian Trail Community Ambassador Program. I am really looking forward to working as a liaison with the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, Tennessee Eastman Hiking and Canoeing Club, Erwin and Unicoi County people, businesses and organizations and the other Community Ambassadors along the AT. We have all been working for several weeks within our communities to begin developing opportunities for volunteerism, doing outreach and promoting the Appalachian Trail as a valuable asset.

The team of Community Ambassadors is coming up with some wonderful ideas and laying the groundwork for this program to become a really important part of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s continuing mission of protecting, promoting, maintaining and managing the AT we all love. WHITEBLAZE has long been a wonderful resource for AT enthusiasts and I am hoping to count on you as Partner for this new program. YOU, the members of WHITEBLAZE are a very valuable resource that I know will provide a wealth of ideas, support and volunteer hours within your own home communities and here in the WHITEBLAZE online community!

We will soon be creating social media access pages for all of our AT Communities so that we can share upcoming events and volunteer opportunities and be able to hear your ideas and thoughts! I really look forward to hearing from you all! If you have great ideas that just can’t wait please feel free to email me at [email protected].
Miss Janet

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/who-we-are/news/2012/01/12/appalachian-trail-conservancy-selects-community-ambassador-for-unicoi-county-tennessee

Miss Janet
02-10-2012, 13:20
Comments and suggestions are welcomed! I appreciate all the emails I have from you about this new program and the great ideas for ways to make more opportunities available for volunteers! I A REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM MORE TEHCC CLUB MEMBERS!!

Pedaling Fool
02-10-2012, 14:31
Comments and suggestions are welcomed! Including unconstructive negative comments