PDA

View Full Version : Thru Hikers are here....

The Cleaner
02-09-2012, 21:17
Just got back from a 3 day loop trip going by Jerry's Cabin shelter.I started at Jones Meadow,went N on the AT and went down Jerry Miller trail.Then up Big Creek trail to the AT near Jerry's Cabin.I got there about 5pm got a little wood for a small fire then cooked dinner and got a little fire going in the fire place.Cleaned up & crashed out.Day 2 I slept in then just after lunch went north on the AT checking on blowdowns on the trail and on the former route of the AT.This old jeep road has recently been opened for use by a local bear hunting group.They had cut many blowdowns and were riding ORV's in the area.Well thanks to the winds there are several big trees on the old road and about 3 on the AT on the way up to the field a little north of the shelter.Any way when I arrived back at Jerry's Second Stage was there after spending a night at Hemlock Hollow.She said she started on 1-4-12 and did not think that there was ahead of her.She did say that there was someone several days back but was not sure of his exact location&destination.Is Second Stage the 1st of this year's group?Any other thru hiker sightings?

Blissful
02-09-2012, 23:24
I wonder if this is the same Second Stage I met in 2010 at Woods Hole Hostel and agian in Maine? She as doing sections then

BigHodag
02-10-2012, 00:16
Bluevist is doing a 10th anniversary thru-hike. She was at Newfound Gap on Wed, Feb 8. She started Jan 1.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=12906

The Cleaner
02-10-2012, 08:36
I wonder if this is the same Second Stage I met in 2010 at Woods Hole Hostel and agian in Maine? She as doing sections then Yes,SS did say she did most of the trail in '10 but DNF due to medical problems...

JAK
02-10-2012, 08:46
We use DNF in sailing racing lingo also.
DNS = Did Not Start
PMS = Premature Starter ( this one gets alot of snickers )
DNF = Did Not Finish
DSQ = Disqualified
DFL = This is an informal one for finishing last. Not hard to figure out. ;-)

Storm
02-10-2012, 09:31
Second stage has a very good journal at Trail Journals. com

10-K
02-10-2012, 17:33
Yep.... trail's going to start getting crowded here in a few weeks.

Leanthree
02-11-2012, 01:13
Second stage has a very good journal at Trail Journals. com

Just armchair hiked through her journal about 3 days ago and I agree. Good detail so far and as the furthest north that I have found to read a good way to ride out the winter blues.