PDA

View Full Version : Where to find...

hikergurl
02-10-2012, 10:43
Hydropel.

It seems that BodyGlide Sticks took over (which I hate). Can only find online anymore but don't want to pay the extra shipping and handling. Tried every running/outfitter/pharmacy/etc. place in the area. Closest I've come to finding a similar replacement is diaper rash ointment and BodyGlide Liquified Powder. They're ok, I guess, but it's not the same dang it...

Tinker
02-10-2012, 18:29
Check bicycle shops.

The Snowman
02-10-2012, 20:40
I think I've sean it in local dive shops.

Freedom Walker
02-11-2012, 00:29
I have bought it at Sports Authority and Dicks sporting goods,

shelb
02-11-2012, 00:57
Dicks, Dunhams, MC Sports all carry it. Ask. It is usually moved to the area of the "sport of the season."

hikergurl
02-12-2012, 21:28
I have bought it at Sports Authority and Dicks sporting goods,

Neither of the Sports Authority's have heard of it, and the only Dicks doesn't have them in stock. They suggested I order it online...which kind of defeats the purpose:/

hikergurl
02-12-2012, 21:30
I'm still on the hunt. I've checked two of the three bike shops. They know what it is but thus far, are now just carrying Body Glide Sticks. The last bike shop was closed today. I never thought to check dive shops, thanks Snowman. Thanks for the ideas.

Badspeller
02-12-2012, 21:37
I bought some today from Blue Ridge Mt. Sports, when I got a few dry sacks online. The total was over 50.00, so I got shipping free. If you still have purchases to make, you might combine them. Just a thought, I didn't want to pay shipping either and I live 100 miles from an outfitter, so it was not in any store near here in B.F.E. TENNESSEE where I live.

TOMP
02-14-2012, 18:55
I'm still on the hunt. I've checked two of the three bike shops. They know what it is but thus far, are now just carrying Body Glide Sticks. The last bike shop was closed today. I never thought to check dive shops, thanks Snowman. Thanks for the ideas.

If you ship it to a store or if they have this option, the shipping is free.

hikergurl
02-17-2012, 16:26
If you ship it to a store or if they have this option, the shipping is free.

I asked about this and the two associates I talked with didn't seem to know.

Basically, I gave up and used the BodyGlide Liquified Powder. I can tell it's not quite the same but I am getting the same results (no blisters, barely any hot spot), which is what really matters. And really, when it's half the price of Hydropel, why would I complain. Thanks for the help, guys.

Next time around, I might try SportSlick.

BFI
02-18-2012, 10:56
R.E.I. has them and they ship free http://www.rei.com/product/745879/bodyglide-anti-chafe-formula-13-oz

msupple
02-18-2012, 11:34
I asked about this and the two associates I talked with didn't seem to know.

Basically, I gave up and used the BodyGlide Liquified Powder. I can tell it's not quite the same but I am getting the same results (no blisters, barely any hot spot), which is what really matters. And really, when it's half the price of Hydropel, why would I complain. Thanks for the help, guys.

Next time around, I might try SportSlick.

The Sportslick works great and is cheaper. They claim it also cures jock itch and athlete's feet as it contains an anti bacterial anti fungus formula. It's why I went with it. I've been totally blister/itch free since using it. I highly recommend it.