PDA

View Full Version : Big Foot on the AT

bamboo bob
02-10-2012, 16:05
I was watching the tube and they have a show about tracking Sasquatch in North Georgia on the AT in and around the Chattahoochie Forest ! They had not vision pictures of "something". It looked a lot like a black bear to me. They also quoted "locals" as eye witnesses ! Does Georgia have permits or a season on these things?

bamboo bob
02-10-2012, 16:06
Actually night vision

Spokes
02-10-2012, 16:21
They're pretty tasty if you use a vinegar based sauce.

Harpua
02-10-2012, 16:24
the other day on national geographic i heard them talking about a big foot sighting in pawling ny... maybe locals are confusing hikers for Sasquatches

Juice
02-10-2012, 16:32
I had a Bigfoot for dinner once. The conversation was horrible.

Kookork
02-10-2012, 16:39
Oh,Good .Should I carry Sasquach-resistant canister from now on?

Harpua
02-10-2012, 16:47
at the very least rabid sasquatch spray. its like grizzly bear spray but 15x stronger

daddytwosticks
02-10-2012, 16:48
Shouldn't this be moved to the humor thread? :)

Tinker
02-10-2012, 16:50
the other day on national geographic i heard them talking about a big foot sighting in pawling ny... maybe locals are confusing hikers for Sasquatches

Sasquatch2014 here on Whiteblaze. ;)

I've watched a show on TV about some folks looking for Bigfoot, and they say that "Tree Knocking" is one way that they communicate.

Late one night along the shore of a forgotten lake in Maine a few years back I heard knocking, which sounded like someone chopping wood across the pond. I did not see any light source (I figure someone would have to use a headlamp at least to see enough to chop). This continued for about 20 minutes, with no other sounds (shouting, singing, whistling, etc.). Makes you wonder sometimes........

Don H
02-10-2012, 17:06
Hope they don't like hiker food or the Forest Service will make us start carrying Sasquatch Canisters ;)

CrumbSnatcher
02-10-2012, 18:37
are they allowed in the shelters?

hikerboy57
02-10-2012, 18:47
desenex, lotramin or tinactin.bring a lot of it.

Spokes
02-10-2012, 19:00
Big Foot don't treat his/her water, don't use no AquaMira, Pump Filter, or Sawyer 3 way. Drinks straight from the water source.

johnnybgood
02-10-2012, 19:08
It's just Sasquatch prepping for a 2014 thru hike.

rjjones
02-10-2012, 19:15
Confusing hikers for bigfoot??Bigfoot is much to big to have that happen.Although they smell very similar?

One-8T
02-10-2012, 19:17
Big Foot don't treat his/her water, don't use no AquaMira, Pump Filter, or Sawyer 3 way. Drinks straight from the water source.

Really? Sounds like Bigfoot may actually be LW. No wonder LW has doesn't worry about bearbagging and it really is "just walking"...what else does a Sasquatch do? keep smiling LW.

Kookork
02-10-2012, 19:32
are they allowed in the shelters?

To my knowledge First time first serve has no exception even for Sasquachs. Just if you share a shelter with them use an ear plug.Rumours says that their fart is as loud as Category 4 hurricane( not sure it was category 3 or 4).

Kookork
02-10-2012, 19:37
Confusing hikers for bigfoot??Bigfoot is much to big to have that happen.Although they smell very similar?

seems you forgot that some of us carry a huge backpack .

swjohnsey
02-10-2012, 19:45
Don't forget to hang your food!

Blue Jay
02-10-2012, 19:49
Really? Sounds like Bigfoot may actually be LW. No wonder LW has doesn't worry about bearbagging and it really is "just walking"...

Actually he's too short however he is even more dangerous.

Papa D
02-10-2012, 21:12
I was watching the tube and they have a show about tracking Sasquatch in North Georgia on the AT in and around the Chattahoochie Forest ! They had not vision pictures of "something". It looked a lot like a black bear to me. They also quoted "locals" as eye witnesses ! Does Georgia have permits or a season on these things?

Hey Bamboo Bob - that was me - not to worry - I'm planning on being Sasquatch for Halloween - just practicing - sorry.

Sierra Echo
02-10-2012, 21:18
I was actually married to Big Foot. You wouldn't like him.

sheepdog
02-10-2012, 21:20
I don't believe in Big foots, black hikers or moose.

LDog
02-10-2012, 21:23

Big Foot drinks his own pee ...

Theosus
02-10-2012, 21:33
That show is awesome. Funny though. They did talk about Bigfoot using the AT to move around. Makes sense, an animal that size would pick a route already cleared. But why haven't hikers seen it?

Rasty
02-10-2012, 21:44
Don't bother! They always have coins in their pocket.

Oh,Good .Should I carry Sasquach-resistant canister from now on?

Sierra Echo
02-10-2012, 21:50
That show is awesome. Funny though. They did talk about Bigfoot using the AT to move around. Makes sense, an animal that size would pick a route already cleared. But why haven't hikers seen it?

He has been sighted. He was just mistaken as a thru hiker!

Wise Old Owl
02-10-2012, 22:16
I hear I can avoid Sasquatch during mating season by urinating in a big circle around my hammock. Got that right from Bear Grylls!

Sierra Echo
02-10-2012, 22:22
I hear I can avoid Sasquatch during mating season by urinating in a big circle around my hammock. Got that right from Bear Grylls!

Then it must be true!

sheepdog
02-11-2012, 06:10

I used to know a guy that was captured by a female bigfoot during mating season. Wasn't enough left of him to put in a day pack.

LDog
02-11-2012, 09:39
But what a way to go ...

daddytwosticks
02-11-2012, 15:40
I don't like hairy chicks...

lush242000
02-11-2012, 15:43
Bigfoot lives in Vermont. I heard him on Howard Stern

Spokes
02-11-2012, 16:38

He left out the most important thing- You gotta make a smiley face. That's the hardest part.

Theosus
02-11-2012, 19:44
I used to know a guy that was captured by a female bigfoot during mating season. Wasn't enough left of him to put in a day pack.

Death by Snu-Snu!

Harpua
02-12-2012, 12:03
the mind and heart are willing, but the body is soft and bruised

Gray Blazer
02-13-2012, 10:55

I don't know why they do their searches only at night. A lot of BF sightings occur during daylight hours.

Miami Joe
02-13-2012, 13:23
Dumbest ***** on TV. Period.

Gray Blazer
02-13-2012, 14:10
Dumbest ***** on TV. Period.

It is dumb. Kinda like Ghost Hunters. The most exciting part is when they turn their heads really fast and gasp, "What the hey was that?

Gray Blazer
02-13-2012, 14:20
I was BRFO'ed. Two local BFRO guys went out with me to Etoniah Creek State Forest on the FT to document my BF experience. They shared a lot of interesting BF info with me. There are more cool stories on their website. If I could link it I would. It is on their website, BFRO, click on FL then Putnam County and then Man Finds Possible Footprint Outside Palatka. My version of it is somwhere here on WB. That's where they heard about it and contacted me. Make fun of me if you want. If you saw what I saw you would believe, also.

WingedMonkey
02-13-2012, 14:27
I saw the tooth fairy at a October Mt. Lean-to in the Berkshires one winter. I hid my dentures.

prain4u
02-13-2012, 16:10
I think Bigfoot is required to be on a leash at all times when hiking the AT. If you choose to hike with a Bigfoot--the two of you better sleep in a tent and not in the shelters (because a Bigfoot will disturb other hikers, destroy people's equipment and get things muddy and messy). If you see a whole troop of Bigfoot Scouts at a shelter--you might want to camp an hour or two down the trail--because they are noisy and don't know who to do Leave No Trace camping properly. Their Bigfoot Scout leaders are poorly trained--and their Bigfoot troops are not open to all species. Furthermore, far too many Bigfoot are carrying pistols for protection on the AT. (Many of them have concealed-carry permits back in their hometowns). Just last week, one Bigfoot asked me to critique his gear list. He said that he could not decide whether to use a heavier pack from Kelty or a ULA Catalyst. This Bigfoot also can't decide whether to use a beer can alcohol stove or a Pocket Rocket. However, this particular Bigfoot HAS decided to wear a hiking kilt (but will not be wearing any underwear). He plans on using hiking boots and gaiters until late March---at that point he will switch to trail runners. (His footwear will be made from recycled materials by local fair-trade venders--so that is O.K.). This Bigfoot would ideally like to be starting his NOBO thru hike on February 15th and wonders whether (or not) to hike the approach trail at Springer. This Bigfoot also wants to know how much a thru hike costs the typical Bigfoot and whether he should quit his Bigfoot job in order to do a thru hike on the AT this year---or should he wait until after he is retired. If you were this Bigfoot, would you bring the AT maps with you and a compass? Finally, how much water should the typical Bigfoot carry with him?

hikerboy57
02-13-2012, 16:31
what is the proper protocol for bringing a wet bigfoot into a crowded shelter?shoulld bigfoot carry a cell phone, and what type of cheese should a bigfoot bring that'll keep on the trail?
also, will bigfoot fit in a tent, and do hammocks come in 10 ft size?

DivaB
02-13-2012, 16:32
Sorry...did I wake you? My bad

Wise Old Owl
02-13-2012, 22:11
what is the proper protocol for bringing a wet bigfoot into a crowded shelter?shoulld bigfoot carry a cell phone, and what type of cheese should a bigfoot bring that'll keep on the trail?
also, will bigfoot fit in a tent, and do hammocks come in 10 ft size?

awe that's too easy pass her a disposable razor blade to knock off her leg hair and use the Swiss army knife to remove the toe nail cheese... make sure you have crackers & cheese before you go to bed, nasty bits get into your sleeping bag, inviting shelter mice....

Half Note
02-13-2012, 22:37
Fact: Your feet increase with size on a thru-hike
Fact: Earl Shaffer actually thru-hiked every year after his first time in
Fact: Earl Shaffer is Big Foot

Half Note
02-13-2012, 22:38
*in '48

/fail

V Eight
02-14-2012, 14:18
I find it interesting, that I have never heard of anyone finding any
Big Foot carcasses. I mean you here tell of them from all over the world,
by one name or another. Yet, no skeletons have been found anywhere.

Just say’n

Tinker
02-14-2012, 14:38

Little known fact -

Sasquatches are invisible. :rolleyes:

hikerboy57
02-14-2012, 15:12
I find it interesting, that I have never heard of anyone finding any
Big Foot carcasses. I mean you here tell of them from all over the world,
by one name or another. Yet, no skeletons have been found anywhere.

Just say’n

when a bigfoot is ready to die, he uses the master cleanse method. this causes the bigfoot to explode and disintegrate into dust.

Harpua
02-14-2012, 22:02
you've never seen a sasquatch die before? they evaporate into nothingness just like yoda when died. i thought everyone knew that....

Harpua
02-14-2012, 22:03
when he died^

tenn_hiker
02-14-2012, 23:18
big foot is obviously an alien!

Sierra Echo
02-14-2012, 23:25
I saw the tooth fairy at a October Mt. Lean-to in the Berkshires one winter. I hid my dentures.

Didn't you know you are suppose to bear bag your dentures? Goodness! Get with the program!

rich5665
02-15-2012, 15:50
If you see a whole troop of Bigfoot Scouts at a shelter--you might want to camp an hour or two down the trail--because they are noisy and don't know how to do Leave No Trace camping properly.
You've never tried teaching Bigfoot Scouts "Leave no Trace"; They look at you with "Deer in The Head Light Eyes" and suffer from a "Charlie Brown Hearing Malady".

Their Bigfoot Scout Leaders are poorly trained Most are poorly trained, others don't give a hoot about "Leave no Trace". Then there are a few of us the preach, practice and enforce "Leave no Trace" till we're Blue in the Face. Gives us a little more time; we've actually started making progress. We found we have to teach the little ones "Leave no Trace" when they're cubs, they tend to eager to learn when they're little.

Bigfoot troops are not open to all species. Ever attend Wood Badge? We're open to all species: Antelope, Bear, Beavers, Bob Whites, Eagles, Buffalo, Foxes, Owls. It's one big Critter Gathering.

I'll swear that Sasquatch up at the Kittatinny Mountain Scout Reservation, the wildlife was frightened away from camp by his snoring.